+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowery

I was going to add given this situation the club should be thinking what they want the academy for. If it can provide the standard of player for L1 and L2 only then in some ways it has achieved its goal and especially if they can get some decent transfer fees in the process.

This means downgrading the academy to Cat 3 which always has been my view that downgrade would not impact the ethos of the club or kids wanting to develop here. But there is huge cost savings in probably halving the non playing staff at the club.

I suppose it depends on how all this plays out over the next three or four years as they have just got some decent transfer income that will fund the Cat2 for a while longer. I cannot see what difference it makes as we don't get to play the PL academy teams anyway as we did before.

This old chestnut Mike

Cat 3 can only coach properly above a certain age level, I think it is 11. They are only allowed so many hours of coaching a year, again I think this is 120 hours pa. You use only part time coaches so standard is not as good.
    We have just generated £2m I believe from our academy. An academy we should all be proud of
    This has been Wrexham's problem over the past few years, having dropped out of the league their youth system was downgraded
    I am sure someone on here may correct some of the figures.

Hope you are feeling better

I think Mr Dale should realise that so far he’s been a one season half wonder, in team/club that has lost several of the players that made him appear far better than he actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I think Mr Dale should realise that so far he’s been a one season half wonder, in team/club that has lost several of the players that made him appear far better than he actually is.

As I alluded to in an earlier post Dale’s absent from today’s squad, tells us all we need to know he is on his way somewhere next week. Is it all falling apart ? I think we will do well to retain our league 1 status this season with all of this disruption. So many key players leaving the club we have no chance to recruit especially as we only seem to Be looking for freebies and other clubs kids, Shame we can’t spend some of our money on transfer fees.

It's not the transfer fees that hold us back, it is more likely that it is wages that are the major stumbling block. 2 million won't last long there. I assume there will be a couple of loans coming in (supposition not knowledge) to bolster the squad. I think that our defence is going to be relied rather more than usual this season. A few years ago that would have been a joke but just look at the record: 3 narrowest of losses in the last three games. Unfortunately that defence still has one major blunder in it every game. With any 2 from Murphy, Lundstram, MacDonald and Griffiths we are going to manage most teams fairly well when we haven't got the ball. Unfortunately, this season we look uncomfortable when we do have the ball. To me we need to introduce a talented midfielder who can pick a pass and use the pace (Porter not included) that we have available. We can only do that if we move the ball forward more quickly.

Looks like he may be playing tonight. Why? How?

Sounds like he played really well too - someone's backed down ...... But who?

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Sounds like he played really well too - someone's backed down ...... But who?
    Played really well? Lowery? NO, can’t be true!

Tommy could be the lynch pin to making our season a success I hope DA, TL and his inspirational agent sort it out.
    Meaning of lynch pin is a person or thing ***** to an enterprise or organization and Tommy is that get him playing get Crewe playing.
    We have made some signings of optimism and genuine skill just need time to make them all click it may well be different than the last two seasons but in time I believe DA and KL will get us to where we want to be. We have had a golden generation of lads that grew up together played together and just got better year on year through training, learning and being a team but all had ambition to go higher.
    The now new owners say that they are all Crewe fans but for once rather than sell all the quality we had for peanuts they should hold their nerve be a bit like Daniel Levy (I know there is no comparision with the PL) and dictate more than placate and give in to the first offer they get, I know it is difficult in the present financial climate but I believe we could do it again. I hope we have sell on clauses on all who have gone this year.
    Come on you reds onwards and upwards ignore all the glass half empty doom mongers and focus on positivity. We have had a tough start lots of away games but it is a roller coaster and we will be back on the up soon.
    I believe we will be comfortabae mid table not where we want to but in time again we could be.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Played really well? Lowery? NO, can’t be true!
    Must have been a typo Jimmy ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast