+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lowery

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog444 View Post
    I believe we will be comfortable mid table not where we want to but in time again we could be.
    Great post Reddog !!

At the moment, think we would all take a comfortable mid table finish ...

So.... if Lowery continued to play we would have: Murphy; Lundstram; Griffiths; Robertson; Lowery; Ainley and Finney available. Assuming we were to continue with 4-3-3, who would you choose? (yes, I know Robertson has only played one game but indulge the question, please?). I think I know one person's choice without having to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So.... if Lowery continued to play we would have: Murphy; Lundstram; Griffiths; Robertson; Lowery; Ainley and Finney available. Assuming we were to continue with 4-3-3, who would you choose? (yes, I know Robertson has only played one game but indulge the question, please?). I think I know one person's choice without having to think about it.
    Starter for 10 ...
    Lowery, plus Robertson and Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Starter for 10 ...
    I'd go with that while we try the combination at least.

Fair enough! Me too! Any other calls?

Lowery's representative works for Wasserman Sports, a multinational agency. Seems that a percentage of Lowery's fees wouldn't come to much in their scheme of things. Time for some teammates to wise him up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Starter for 10 ...
    As things stand Lowery is out of the picture, unless Lowery decides otherwise and we have other options with new players coming in and it is likely one or two of them will be in the starting line-up, personally it is difficult until we have seen the new players but for Now I'd go with Murphy, Lundstrum and Robertson.

Can someone who is wise on the subject tell me if Lowery would have to pay a substantial get out clause for sacking his management company. I imagine that normal practice would be for him to have a contract with them. Even so I can't think that there is any way they could stop him signing a new contract with us if he really wanted to. Artell says that he thinks that Tommy wants to sign, just what is the problem?

Agents hiss me off as in my opinion, players or anyone else in life in whatever job they have should have the balls which is a word appropriate for footballers to speak for themselves in any contract negotiations. Also what annoys is that Agents came to the fore with famous footballers who used them to avoid direct conflict with their clubs and allowed them to argue for something they wouldn't have the balls to ask themselves.

This then cascaded down the leagues so that we have the situation where second rate players in the lower leagues jumped on the bandwagon, no doubt encouraged by the Agents Consortium.

DA gets my vote to tell players in these situations to go to hell and is doing the right thing in not allowing them games in the first team. Lets see which clubs will sign them having had no games in 9 months etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Agents hiss me off as in my opinion, players or anyone else in life in whatever job they have should have the balls which is a word appropriate for footballers to speak for themselves in any contract negotiations. Also what annoys is that Agents came to the fore with famous footballers who used them to avoid direct conflict with their clubs and allowed them to argue for something they wouldn't have the balls to ask themselves.

This then cascaded down the leagues so that we have the situation where second rate players in the lower leagues jumped on the bandwagon, no doubt encouraged by the Agents Consortium.

DA gets my vote to tell players in these situations to go to hell and is doing the right thing in not allowing them games in the first team. Lets see which clubs will sign them having had no games in 9 months etc.
    Whilst I agree to some extent with your sentiment, Footballers are not widely regarded as the most capable when it comes to getting the best deal they can for themselves when negotiating with people with greater life experience. So it is not unreasonable for agents to "come to the fore" as you put it. The problem is, rather less agents per se, but agents with no moral compass or scruples of any description. What can be done about those who badly advise their charges I am unsure of

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast