+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lowery

Fair point Timmy but what is Lowery after? eg More pay and DA says no. More appearances and DA says it depends on results and performance? The say in what transfer fee and club he goes to and DA/Chairman says no? I can't see what difference an agent makes other than trying to negotiate a fee for themselves?

Is there any oher occupation where you need someone to negotiate for you? Because at the end of the day the deal has to between employers and employees.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 10-09-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Trade Unions.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Trade Unions.
    Good point as they can negotiate rates of pay for the job but its then up to the employee to accept or reject it. The NHS is one example where someone I know was offered the job as a nursing assistant but she said the salary was not good enough and wanted more and she got it as they have bands and the salary can be negoitated within that band by the person. I was employed by the Railways and the again the union negotiated the rates but there was nothing stopping me asking for a ROP further up the band.

The Alex have a pay structure like all football clubs and the club will make an offer that can be accepted or rejected and so cannot see where the agent needs to get involved.

Care homes offer the minimum wage to carers and most have to accept it or remain unemployed and they have a trade union too but again they could ask for more but then I accept that would be extremely difficult and so what good are the unions in that regard?

Surely the answer is mediation by the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) ...

I wish the situation with Tommy would get sorted as he is a creative spark and what we are missing.

I don t get it why not play him he is in the last year of his contract as are many others signed on 1 year deals what happens at the end of the season when all loanees go back all our one year deals are done and Tommy is a free agent the cupboard will be bare and we will be scratching around again to find a team or is there another golden generation coming through the academy however that will take time and in football time is a small commodity.

They say wait 10 games to see where you are in a season and the table does not lie. We are where we are and its going to be a season of struggle if we stay up is another matter, but if you have a player that can make a difference play him.
    Cutting off your nose to spite your face springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog444 View Post
    I wish the situation with Tommy would get sorted as he is a creative spark and what we are missing.

I don t get it why not play him he is in the last year of his contract as are many others signed on 1 year deals what happens at the end of the season when all loanees go back all our one year deals are done and Tommy is a free agent the cupboard will be bare and we will be scratching around again to find a team or is there another golden generation coming through the academy however that will take time and in football time is a small commodity.

They say wait 10 games to see where you are in a season and the table does not lie. We are where we are and its going to be a season of struggle if we stay up is another matter, but if you have a player that can make a difference play him.
    Cutting off your nose to spite your face springs to mind.
    Just my opinion folks but think DA is right to leave him out of the team because millions have been spent on players like Lowery who then want away without repaying that cost. Also he got games when he was useless according to some but he was given chance after chance to play and gain experience. There are too many players doing this now and its time we took a stand. What if every player did this?

Tl has to make his own mind up about whether he wants to play professional football or not, it does seem like his agent has the upper hand and that running his contract down is his chosen course even if it means not playing football for a season. I'm not sure he is doing himself any favours by taking that course of action but he is obviously happy with the situation, but I can't help but think that his agent does not have his interests in mind, but probably believes he will receive a fee when he moves Lowery on after his contract expires. whereas if Lowery signs an extension his agent will receive nothing, its just a thought.

I wonder what Lowery's agent makes of his client's FIFA 22 valuation??

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Fo...ewe+Alexandra#

Tommy Lowery and Robertson in midfield would be an excellent combination its just crazy Tommy is being paid a wage and not playing you can harp on as much as you like about one player not being bigger than the club but here you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. We have lots of players on 1 year contracts some may say thank god and previously players like Ng and Wintle were running down their contracts and being played so what is the difference with Tommy, play one of your best players and things may improve a total nonsense.
    Tommy wants to play just because he does not want a massive release clause inserting in his contract is that such an issue since we have sold off all the gold from last year for next to nothing.
    Bite the bullet Dave and play Tommy.

So Lowery played. Will he continue to play? What has been discussed with his agent?
    Will he be gone at the end of the season anyway? Has his agent already set him up elsewhere?
    What next in the saga?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast