+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowery

Lowery

So, been missing from pre-season. Apparently his agent is playing up and questioning
    Crewe's adherence to their normal selling-on policy. This to the extent that he had to speak to Charles Grant as he apparently didn't believe what Artell was telling him!
    Because of this TL has not yet renewed his contract and is training with the young academy players until he does. What a waste! Such a talent that is being blocked by his own representative. I hope his agent isn't his dad as we've had problems with those before! The whole scenario suggests that the agent knows nothing about how the Alex work and worse, TL, who should be familiar with the set-up, is not advising his agent. I understand that players often cannot manage details and so give their agents carte blanche but they should be careful that they are not giving away their livelihood.

Have to presume that the above is an honest and truthful comment.

If so it would appear that our club are in the position of having to deal with what are obviously two not very intelligent people. Namely the agent and the player. So far the club have acted sensibly, and hopefully will continue to maintain their position.

If this was a normal business the remedy would be simple. Show the employee the door. However with a football club it is a more difficult problem. They have to leave the option of extending/renewing his contract on the table. There is also the compensation for players under 24 if he moves to another club.

Completely understand that it is a problem for our club. Eventually the 2 parties have to sit down and resolve it. Personally I believe that the best solution would be for this ungrateful young player to find another club with the assistance of our management. They could then claim compensation for his years of development.

Also feel that the agent and the player have a bloated impression of his footballing talents. Think he would be fortunate to sign for a lower half league2 aide. Believe he would have struggled to hold a place in our 1at team. Place Lundstram, Robbins, and Griffiths as better prospects.

[QUOTE=lukcour;39822168]Have to presume that the above is an honest and truthful comment.

If so it would appear that our club are in the position of having to deal with what are obviously two not very intelligent people. Namely the agent and the player. So far the club have acted sensibly, and hopefully will continue to maintain their position.

If this was a normal business the remedy would be simple. Show the employee the door. However with a football club it is a more difficult problem. They have to leave the option of extending/renewing his contract on the table. There is also the compensation for players under 24 if he moves to another club.

Completely understand that it is a problem for our club. Eventually the 2 parties have to sit down and resolve it. Personally I believe that the best solution would be for this ungrateful young player to find another club with the assistance of our management. They could then claim compensation for his years of development.

Also feel that the agent and the player have a bloated impression of his footballing talents. Think he would be fortunate to sign for a lower half league2 aide. Believe he would have struggled to hold a place in our 1at team. Place Lundstram, Robbins, and Griffiths as better prospects.

I don't think there can be much doubt that Lowery is a good player (obviously you don't agree given your generaly posting about him) however, he is far from the finished article and would be wise to look at the progress of George Cooper for one. Again, a good player but left too soon. Lowery would easily walk into most footballing league 2 teams and a fair few league 1 teams. However, whilst I probably have some sympathy with his situation (which may revolve around wages or clauses allowing him to move if the offer is right) I do feel he needs to look long and hard at where he is and the reputation of his current club. Sort yourself out lad and get back playing!!

Well said, Timmy.

I would add that he is closer to the club and other players than any of the fans. Therefore he will know whether his immediate prospects for retaining his first team place are threatened by other youngsters such as Finney, Lundsteam, Ainley, Robbins, Griffiths et al or anyone brought in during the summer. If he is lacking the confidence to believe he is better than them then I guess he (and we) will be better off elsewhere. Whether he has signed a contract extension in that event is neither here nor there as his fee wouldn’t change, neither would the compo if his contract expired - can’t see the latter happening as, no matter your opinion of him, he enjoys a good reputation and there would be a decent queue of clubs offering him untold riches, well a half decent deal anyway.

Just to be clear, I would rather he stayed, played and signed a new deal, but if he doesn’t I would wave him goodbye and wish him all the best, other than twice a season obvs!

Lowery only has to look at those players who have left the club thinking they are bigger than the club. Where are they now , how high did they go in the football leagues compared to those who left with the clubs blessing and achieved a lot. He needs to listen to the club and not his agent on this mater.

It is always wrong when a player runs his existing contract down as Wintle did and as Lowery has seemingly been advised to do, I understand why they do it, Wintle was able to join his mate at Cardiff for a far better contract than Crewe could afford and no doubt this has not gone un-noticed by the player and his his agent. Lowery is a decent player and a loss to the team at the moment. DA did not leave Wintle out when it became obvious that he was not going to sign an new contract, but Wintle was difficult to leave out. Our midfield is looking decent at the moment with emerging young players, so Lowery needs to be available to play. He is not helping his cause, sitting on the side lines is not a good option.

Good to see that DA is making a public stand about this. Lowery needs to hear from family and other people around him who may make him think about the advice his agent is giving him. He needs to be more involved in the actions of his representative. He is too good a player to be languishing on the sidelines. He needs to think about his future (and not necessarily the agent's) before he ruins it.

"Have to presume that the above is an honest and truthful comment"
    I understand, Lukcour that you have a problem with Lowery, football-wise, and that is your right and what the forum is all about. However, I am somewhat taken aback by the above quote. Have you any reason to believe my comments are NOT honest and truthful?

No, not at all Gazan. Just that I was so surprised and shocked by this unexpected issue. Forums are to express opinions. Understand that you believe Lowery is an exceptional player and a wonderful talent. I find this difficult to understand. Based on his 141 appearances his stats are in fact so poor. Would suggest he is indeed fortunate to be in the team. I have never denied that I do not rate him as a player, and his record would seem to come out on my side.

Based on DA`s comments it would appear that it is 100% Lowery`s decision not to sign his new proposed contract. Not his agent. If this is indeed true all I can say is he is an ungrateful player. I also believe that we have more talented young players currently emerging and he would be lucky to feature in our team this season

I think you have missed my point. This is not about Lowery but your comment about my honesty and truthfulness!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast