+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wingbacks

Wingbacks

I’ve got a feeling that we will carry on with this, will Miller end up out again or could he play elsewhere? because I’m guessing that Ferguson will be on left as he wasn’t fetched in for LB according to Warney

Ogbene probably end up playing behind front or even up front

��

Can’t bloody wait for league to start

It could all depend on whether we manage to bring a left -back in.
    The starting eleven against Newcastle and Middlesbrough should gives us an idea how he will set up against Plymouth, barring any more injuries of course.
    Miller has had a good pre-season so far, the lad has still a lot to learn however give him a chance....

Clutching at straws here, I would like him to go 4-4-2 with two strikers up front from the start.
    We're at home go for it.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 26-07-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Only problem playing with wingbacks is Ogbene, Sadlier and Miller will have to impact players off the bench or play in 1 of the 2 strikers position which is a possibility but for me with Sadlier goal scoring record in this league with Donny and Oggy frightening pace and trickery I would be building the team around those 2 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ve got a feeling that we will carry on with this, will Miller end up out again or could he play elsewhere? because I’m guessing that Ferguson will be on left as he wasn’t fetched in for LB according to Warney

Ogbene probably end up playing behind front or even up front

��

Can’t bloody wait for league to start
    Re the wing backs /left backs. It's down to Warne to try both Miller and Ferguson in both positions and see how they fair in them. I do feel though Miller may too much of a lightweight at L/B. So, unless he gets a proper L/B in, then we all know he play Wiles there. Out of position and not help ing the lads game. Such is Warne's predicability.

Said last week. We don't have the squad for 352. In ladapo and Smith that's 25-30 goals. Ogbene barlazer wiles miller and Linsey should be chipping in with 15-20. CB 8-10. That means Viktor only needs to score 15- 18 goals and we will get promoted. Koooomon vik. Pull your finger out.

Warney is puzzling me. If he dunt want Ferguson at left back he has to either play him as a winger or left wing back. If he plays him as a winger that would suggest 4 4 2 with Ogbene on the right wing. If he is using him as a left wing back he can't use ogbene as the opposite right wing back cos he aint one. If its true we are after rooney and he signs I believe he is a right wing back. So could play 3 5 2 that way BUT where would Ogbene play then? Arguably one of our more talented players but I can't see any place for him other than as a winger. Of course warne could alternate between playing 4 4 2 or 4 4 1 1 and 3 5 2 but that could be pretty confusing for players. Possibly some clues tomoz for the toon game?

Th alleged signing of Odoffin could suggest another formation as he is meant to be a defensive midfielder. So maybe Warne might be looking at a 4 1 4 1 or a 4 1 3 2 or a 3 1 4 2...God...it could be owt! I gi up!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-07-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Warney is puzzling me. If he dunt want Ferguson at left back he has to either play him as a winger or left wing back. If he plays him as a winger that would suggest 4 4 2 with Ogbene on the right wing. If he is using him as a left wing back he can't use ogbene as the opposite right wing back cos he aint one. If its true we are after rooney and he signs I believe he is a right wing back. So could play 3 5 2 that way BUT where would Ogbene play then? Arguably one of our more talented players but I can't see any place for him other than as a winger. Of course warne could alternate between playing 4 4 2 or 4 4 1 1 and 3 5 2 but that could be pretty confusing for players. Possibly some clues tomoz for the toon game?

Th alleged signing of Odoffin could suggest another formation as he is meant to be a defensive midfielder. So maybe Warne might be looking at a 4 1 4 1 or a 4 1 3 2 or a 3 1 4 2...God...it could be owt! I gi up!
    Have you considered 3-3-1-3

It would certainly throw the opposition out camiller!

4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2. If we sign Rooney got to latter.

For me you should always build a formation around your best players and for me it should be 442, 451 or 4231.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast