+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: We need a defensive coach urgently

How are you confused??? I've asked you straight or heavily hinted at least 3 or 4 times now but thanks for responding.

I know the state of the club when he came in, and I know where he left us, it's the big bit in between which gets people all hot and bothered on here

I assume you rightly praised NA defensively but correctly criticised him for a lack of attacking threat?

If that assumption is correct, then IB should get the reverse shouldn't he? Some criticism for his side's defensive displays but plenty of praise for getting a team to create so much and score so many?

Surely we all want success for our beloved Stylish Magpies , in fact there is already a well established Burchnall Bandwagon that's been very nicely chugging along after an understandably sticky slow start.

Melton - “We need a defensive coach”

Burchnall - “I’m going to sign one of the league’s highest rated speedy wingers to play at wing back”

Looks like we are going to employ a defensive coach arent we ?
    I accept the apologise from the posters who ridiculed the very idea when i put this thread out there last week. Some on here will try to split hairs by saying it is not a defensive coach but a coach dealing with corners set pieces and free kicks etc and claim it involves both ends of the pitch. Yea ok ……… i think most on hear will accept where the main role will concentrate its efforts on dont we.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Looks like we are going to employ a defensive coach arent we ?
    I accept the apologise from the posters who ridiculed the very idea when i put this thread out there last week. Some on here will try to split hairs by saying it is not a defensive coach but a coach dealing with corners set pieces and free kicks etc and claim it involves both ends of the pitch. Yea ok ……… i think most on hear will accept where the main role will concentrate its efforts on dont we.
    Are you Laddo’s brother? #mission2

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    It's not rocket science is it? Stop the crosses, tackle the players and head the ball away.

Job done.

Oops…….. difficult enough to employ a coach like i said

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    How much practical day to day football management experience do you have kelton?

Enough to know we need a defensive coach obviously…..

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    No we don't want a defensive coach, just need players doing their jobs in each part of the pitch

Oops!!

Trust me he isn't

Kelton can I suggest you actually read the detailed job description before you ask for any apologies buddy.

I can't see the word defensive or defence mentioned once maybe I've missed it. Whoever we hire I definitely want them to cover attacking set plays as well not just defensively.

#balancenotbias

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    You worry too much Kelton, a good manager and AM don't need a defensive coach as well at our level, the plays they face aren't complicated enough, as others have said stop the cross or win the ball once in the area. We have had problems in first cutting out the cross and then faffing about with it comically until they score when it drops in the box but I think IB won't stand for this and will have the tactical knowledge to cut it out in the main although when alot of the teams you play, that's their was of playing and having big lumps in the box so you are going to let in one or two that way naturally.
    Oops!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No need to get angry Neal.

Out of the 6 goals, how many were set pieces? How about, how many of the goals scored were offside or a dodgy penalty?

The problem with folk like you Neal is that when goals are conceded everyone always blames the defenders. The reality is that players further up the pitch don’t do their jobs well enough but because they score a few no one gives a ****.

Good luck at Solihull. Except when you play us. 😜
    Oops!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast