+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It will all change come November

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    with all the talk regarding the damning evidence in the CAT case exposing the PL, big 6, BeIN sports illegally colluding to stop the takeover from happening, once this is out in public, every argument the PL could have is all for nothing. This will be the biggest scandal in football history.
    If i had to wager on what would happen, i thin the PL will cave in before the disclosure part of the CAT case.

We should hear this week when it will start
    Ok cheers......all hope is not yet lost then...

Reading here it says that the PL are still trying to get the CAT case done in private:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...ntinue-3294620

I couldn't find anything more recent so don't know how likely that is to happen

Mr Justice Roth, who is handling the case at CAT does not seem to like confidentiality in cases. He ruled against Google ( I Think) from trying to use confidentiality (they said to protect there search engine) He said if they wanted it to remain confidential they could not use anything there as a defence.
    He also said (I am paraphrasing from memory) that confidentiality was not the way for legal cases to proceed, and lawyers should be instructed properly in the limits of confidentiality agreements

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Mr Justice Roth, who is handling the case at CAT does not seem to like confidentiality in cases. He ruled against Google ( I Think) from trying to use confidentiality (they said to protect there search engine) He said if they wanted it to remain confidential they could not use anything there as a defence.
    He also said (I am paraphrasing from memory) that confidentiality was not the way for legal cases to proceed, and lawyers should be instructed properly in the limits of confidentiality agreements
    Once again we're left P**sing in the wind.

This could be a great thing for the takeover or it could give the PL the time to find enough evidence to get that 'reasonable doubt' required to be enough to get the ruling against the takeover.

As it is, we still have no clear indication either way.

The optimist in me wants this to be a case that the PL are up the creak without a paddle. Master's and his crooks could now be planning a way to slim their way out of this by negotiating with Ashley's & the PCP consortium's legal teams to green light the take over in some ambiguous way that makes the PL look like it was all part of their plan to ensure their process of checks and balances is the best thing to protect the clubs and the league.

The league still needs a major shake up of how it is managed .

The pessimist in me agrees with some of the other guys on the thread. In that, the PL are once again, are stalling in an attempt further P**S off the consortium so that they walk away.

Regardless of all the current goings on, the only people who are really suffering here are the same people who have suffered for 14yrs, us fans of the great club of Newcastle United.

Also this proves that no one in government or the upper echelons of English football give a damn about anything other than money and power.

There is no care for the fans, it is all lip service that the fans are the most important part of the game.

No surprise, just more reality.

Big picture and the Super League would have happened if they were packages, presented and negotiated correctly. If the Super League teams had thrown the existing leaches who run English & European football a slice of the action we would be watching all the major broadcasters flashy advertising on how awesome this new Super League is.

Hate to bang on about it but Big Picture and Super League were 2 stages of the same plan, not separate.

Big picture would have give the 6 teams involved in both power grab schemes veto over the all other clubs decisions / takeovers etc and weighted voting rights over all football matter in the English football pyramid.

Super League would have seen them turn the English game into a national feeder system for them as the money would be sucked out of the leagues and into the pockets of the very few clubs who are permanent members of the Super League.

The fraud is so disgusting, sadly we are the manifestation of all things rotten with the modern game.

I love your optimism Tanya - really do.

I just don't share it anymore, or have done for a while.

I really hope you're correct.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)