+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- British GP

O/T:- British GP

Hamilton or Verstappen at fault for the crash anyone who watched it? Don't always watch F1 but was home yesterday and thought it was alright as it is what it is, I get why people think it's boring but I thought it was quite exciting at the end. I don't know that much but looked like Hamilton was just about level and was on the inside so shouldn't have Verstappen backed off or did Hamilton do a no no even though he did it again later to Leclerc to win the race.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-07-2021 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Corrected Off Topic prefix

Classic racing incident between two very competitive drivers. Sad to see that Hamilton is receiving racist abuse on line.

I missed it but will find a clip now and take a look.

Caught the race with about 15 laps to go and the hunting down and passing of Leclerc with only a couple of laps to go was incredible. Huge roar from the Silverstone crowd as you would expect.

I thought this was going to be a fred about British doctors.

Racing incident I'd say. Interestingly out of all these drivers and ex drivers - Brundle, Hill, Button, Alonso and Leclerc (who had the best view of all) - not a single one of them put the blame solely on Hamilton.

He did seem particularly aggressive at the start yesterday, but he's a fair racer and as he pointed out, he's previously held back several times to avoid crashing with Verstappen.

A driver like Max can't really complain about other drivers'aggression when you think two new rules were introduced because of his style of driving.

I'm particularly enjoying seeing Christian Horner stamping his little foot

Racing incident, clear as day

My first though was that Hamilton could, and maybe should’ve pulled out of the manoeuvre....but then realised it was a bit more complicated than that.

Max has more than once put Hamilton in that position where he had to decide whether to have a crash or not, and Lewis, being the smarter driver, opted to yield the position in favour of the long game. At some point he had to stand his ground and let Max know he isn’t a push over, and he did that magnificently yesterday, culminating in a truly superb drive to take the win!

Upon viewing the incident again Lewis didn’t actually even do much wrong. Max is still the favourite, and in a faster car, but I still believe Lewis is the better driver.....Max’s arrogance and r to recklessness may try still prove pivitol.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    My first though was that Hamilton could, and maybe should’ve pulled out of the manoeuvre....but then realised it was a bit more complicated than that.

Max has more than once put Hamilton in that position where he had to decide whether to have a crash or not, and Lewis, being the smarter driver, opted to yield the position in favour of the long game. At some point he had to stand his ground and let Max know he isn’t a push over, and he did that magnificently yesterday, culminating in a truly superb drive to take the win!

Upon viewing the incident again Lewis didn’t actually even do much wrong. Max is still the favourite, and in a faster car, but I still believe Lewis is the better driver.....Max’s arrogance and r to recklessness may try still prove pivitol.
    You're right, take for instance when Hamilton yielded in Spain for instance because of Verstappen, maybe now it'll teach Verstappen that he can't just make the other driver yield

Racing incident for me. This is the first time I have seen Christian Horner, angry, wdongly in my opinion, given Verstsppen's driving style. Both he and Hamilton are racers, which is what F1 fans want. If Hamilton is receiving racist abuse, it will be from Dutch, Verstappen fans. Achieving zero racism levels is probably on a par with getting zero covid figures. Both are proportional low in this country, but the next step is probably not possible.

Hamilton maybe could have turned into the apex a little earlier but I think it was a fantastic bit of driving by Hamilton. He's not the best driver in the world for no reason at the moment and he would have known there would have been some jeopardy in his decision not to yield but maybe felt it was worth the risk. Verstappen is without doubt a terrific driver but he does still have a wreckless streak and he paid for it yesterday.

I was also a little disappointed with the way Leclerc yielded his position to Hamilton. He was never going to keep him at bay till the end but at least try and make a fight of it, instead he panicked and handed it to Hamilton on a plate.

Should give a mention to Lando Norris who really is getting the best out of his McLaren this year. A great British-Belgian prospect and with George Russell looking to be set for a Mercedes seat in the future British F1 fans have a lot to look forward to!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast