+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Let's See How Many Under 30's Don't Want A Jab Now Then?

Let's See How Many Under 30's Don't Want A Jab Now Then?

Proof of two jabs needed from September onwards to gain entry to nightclubs.

Good.....this should concentrate the minds of the "f u c k you" brigade and those Snowflakes with an anti vax mentality.

I think it should be mandatory now for entry into any type of indoor or outdoor mass event including football matches.

I've had some sort of respiratory bug for the last week, I've taken two lateral flow tests and both were negative but in truth I don't trust them.

My symptoms have been incredibly mild compared to when I normally get a chest and throat virus, I'm convinced the Covid jab has had a major impact on this infection.

I'll bet my ar s e the % of people double vaccinated goes through the roof by September........let's see how the principles and the "f u c k you" attitudes survive the lure of nightlife!?

Yep - it's BJ's way of stopping un-jabbed young folk from living free & exercising personal choice, however the reports of serious side effects in the young such as myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) are concerning. The numbers are not vanishingly low unlike the blood clots - my son is 16 and because the risk to him is small AND the vulnerable are as protected as they can be, why when the time comes that he wants a knees-up should he be compelled in this way?

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Yep - it's BJ's way of stopping un-jabbed young folk from living free & exercising personal choice, however the reports of serious side effects in the young such as myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) are concerning. The numbers are not vanishingly low unlike the blood clots - my son is 16 and because the risk to him is small AND the vulnerable are as protected as they can be, why when the time comes that he wants a knees-up should he be compelled in this way?
    If he doesn’t want it he doesn’t have to have it WCV.

I have three kids and my 29 year old son is railing against taking it, he’s a smoker so good look to him evaluate his chest is already bad.

I wouldn’t hesitate to take my 4 and soon to be 5 year old grandchildren for a jab if it was up to me.

Until those of us who can take the jab this thing is going to restrict our lives.

Jeez......a jab a couple of times a year is not much to ask, when I was your sons age we all got lined up at school and told we were having the TB jab...... there was no discussion, it was just common sense so why isn’t this?

Morning WCV.

What I'm about to post is purely anecdotal. At the age of twenty my lad's older than your own but falls within an age group of concern for adverse reactions to Covid vaccination.

He was born ten weeks premature and diagnosed with chronic aortic stenosis with ventricular regurgitation before he was one.

By the age of seven he'd had two stents fitted and undergone open heart surgery following the Ross Procedure.

Why is his medical history of significance? Because he fell into the vulnerable category and was eligible for early vaccination.

Can't remember the exact date but he received the second AZ dose towards the end of April to the start of May.

He's suffered no side effects and encountered no medical problems from then to the time of posting.

I've always been keen to impress the importance of physical fitness to help him.

He went football training yesterday evening between shifts (twilights) and other than being cream crackered from running around in the heat he was fine and he's looking forward to Wednesday's hour long sprinting session.

He's also chuffed to be double jabbed as he believes whilst obviously not immune, it reduces his chances of serious infection from Covid. He felt the risk of infection outweighed the risk of a reaction.

He's made a judgement call. And that's about all I can add really. All of the very best to you and yours.

It's really holding a gun to people's head's, have the jab or else.
    Some people's idea of freedom is a tad different to mine.
    I have had the jab but it shouldn't be compulsory or used to blackmail.
    I really can't believe that this nation of frightened rabbits is the one that won two world war's.
    Mother of the free my arse.

But if you have principles or you’re an anti vaccine Nazi you obviously won’t have the jab Des.

What price principles when a p I s s up and a leg over is in the offing.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Morning WCV.

What I'm about to post is purely anecdotal. At the age of twenty my lad's older than your own but falls within an age group of concern for adverse reactions to Covid vaccination.

He was born ten weeks premature and diagnosed with chronic aortic stenosis with ventricular regurgitation before he was one.

By the age of seven he'd had two stents fitted and undergone open heart surgery following the Ross Procedure.

Why is his medical history of significance? Because he fell into the vulnerable category and was eligible for early vaccination.

Can't remember the exact date but he received the second AZ dose towards the end of April to the start of May.

He's suffered no side effects and encountered no medical problems from then to the time of posting.

I've always been keen to impress the importance of physical fitness to help him.

He went football training yesterday evening between shifts (twilights) and other than being cream crackered from running around in the heat he was fine and he's looking forward to Wednesday's hour long sprinting session.

He's also chuffed to be double jabbed as he believes whilst obviously not immune, it reduces his chances of serious infection from Covid. He felt the risk of infection outweighed the risk of a reaction.

He's made a judgement call. And that's about all I can add really. All of the very best to you and yours.
    Cheers '68 and the same to you & yours, great to hear your lad is doing well after a very difficult start to life. I think in a way you're making the same point - he considered the situation and made a personal choice.

Mick - the vaccinations we all had as kids all those years ago were against diseases which had significant consequences, in the case of Covid there is little evidence in supporting vaccinating the young when the most vulnerable are already protected IMO.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)