+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinged

Pinged

Does anyone here trust the NHS Track and Trace app?. Ive a friend who got pinged on Sunday saying she had been in close contact with someone infected and must isolate for 8 Days. We take that to mean that the contact was 3 days previous. I know for a fact that on that day the only contact she had was with myself and I've heard nothing. All seems a bit strange

The incubation period between infection and symptoms showing varies.

Therefore so does the time between infection, testing, uploading of results and the potential to infect others within that timeframe.

You could be looking at a considerably larger window of exposure than three days for the source of the ping.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    The incubation period between infection and symptoms showing varies.

Therefore so does the time between infection, testing, uploading of results and the potential to infect others within that timeframe.

You could be looking at a considerably larger window of exposure than three days for the source of the ping.
    We can't understand the timeframe. Pinged on Sunday and told to isolate for 8 days (until the end of next Sunday) When does the 10 days fit in ? Surely it would stem from a confirmed case checking in onthe app thus alerting other users, As I said, she's been very careful about mixing and in the past week I've been the only outside contact.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    We can't understand the timeframe. Pinged on Sunday and told to isolate for 8 days (until the end of next Sunday) When does the 10 days fit in ? Surely it would stem from a confirmed case checking in onthe app thus alerting other users, As I said, she's been very careful about mixing and in the past week I've been the only outside contact.
    People have been getting pinged when the infected person hasn’t even been in the same room.

For example, if your friend lives in a semi detached house and someone in the next door house is infected she could get pinged.

You can be in adjoining properties and still be within 6 to 8 feet of each other.

My brother just texed me he has covid, he has described it has a bad cold at the moment.
    He's a fit bloke, hopefully going to ok.

My lad who lives in Aberystwyth got Covid a couple of weeks ago.
    He said he felt a bit rough for a couple of days but feels fine now.
    He is miffed because his isolation is over tomorrow and has to go back to work.

It’s certainly becoming much more prevalent, I now know 3 people who have had it over the last couple of weeks, all were stuck in bed for a few days with it and all had been double jabbed, for most of us this is how it will go, the vaccine stopping us from getting really ill, that said I wouldn’t want to be catching it if I had an underlying issue!

I’ve had a cough for a week and felt a bit under the weather and had two negative lateral flow tests.

Because I’m at home with the wife I’m not bothering with a proper test.

My wife started feeling the same yesterday.

My gut feeling is that we both have Covid.

My cough is quite bad so without the double jab or think I’d have been a hospital case.

I don't trust its application. You could both be masked back to back safe distance and not caught it but you get pinged.

Bluetooth has a range of up to 10 metres and can work through materials such as brick and glass - so you could in theory be in a traffic jam next to a car with a case that has been pinged?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)