+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Alan Pace having a laugh?

We’ve done this before BT , Dyche expects us to keep Tarky - club want to move him on imo anyway ( may yet happen when a offer materialises) maybe Nuno at Spurs he’s a fan of Tarky or wolves maybe a good fit for our James.

Dyche is sat waiting for support he was promised and I don’t think he’ll be signing anytime soon , my problem with that is that maybe when the gloves come off his whole life soul and body won’t be in the final year of his job , and for me that’s not a good place to be.

A lot imo anyway revolves around the club supporting Dyche and his ideas , the digital analytics bull s- it as gone by the way side for the time being anyway - maybe it’s our old recruitment staff inputting the data and that’s why we can’t find any players - especially ones with pace.

I find it infuriating that we can’t find any players with flair - pace - physical prowess and what’s required in the millions that must be available to us across the whole world.

Before you all shout they just don’t want to come to little old Burnley , I refuse to believe that no
    One wants to give themselves the opportunity to play in the best league in the world even if only to shop window themselves.

We are so poor at recruitment it beggars belief , going back to when Nice came to Burnley two season back pre season they only had one player - pace - skill - balance - saint maximan was his name , he now resides at the toon bought for a pittance and will be sold for a fortune,

On that night we were in the Bob Lord and all around us the murmurs were on , we could do with someone like that in our team -!the rest is history we ignored him and Newcastle didn’t, look how that turned out for us and them.

Hands up anyone who had even heard of him previous to a friendly at the turf , as I said before can we not see the wood for the trees , several hundred people sat with me saw his potential but BFC didn’t.

Come on chaps, how long does it take for the coin to drop.There will only be additions if Tarks,Mcneil or Pope leave for big bucks and then it will be less than we get in because we are skint and the Yanks are not in it for fun-ask Garlick!

Don't think you'll have a problem with defence. Cornet will probably sign and although he's a winger by trade, he's been retraining as a left back for Lyon and doing a decent job of it by all accounts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7t_NitjQw

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Come on chaps, how long does it take for the coin to drop.There will only be additions if Tarks,Mcneil or Pope leave for big bucks and then it will be less than we get in because we are skint and the Yanks are not in it for fun-ask Garlick!
    I think there's a good chance they'll cash in on McNeil despite his media comments but we'll see.

The "sustainable finances" argument is a fair one but it's a helluva bitter pill for the fans to swallow - and it may not be one that Dyche will swallow either. We were there a few years back and it all went tits up. After several years of top eight finishes and a romp around Europe we started to slide and the board wouldn't/couldn't back Fat Sam to refresh a team of ageing players. He walked. I only hope BFC doesn't go down that same path. That said, I reckon it'll be reet this season but at some point money will be needed on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I think there's a good chance they'll cash in on McNeil despite his media comments but we'll see.

The "sustainable finances" argument is a fair one but it's a helluva bitter pill for the fans to swallow - and it may not be one that Dyche will swallow either. We were there a few years back and it all went tits up. After several years of top eight finishes and a romp around Europe we started to slide and the board wouldn't/couldn't back Fat Sam to refresh a team of ageing players. He walked. I only hope BFC doesn't go down that same path. That said, I reckon it'll be reet this season but at some point money will be needed on the pitch.
    Only difference this time Wanderlust is our board walked first.

Now we have signed Hennessy perhaps Pope could play on the wing.

Pope? You could always loan him to us. We've got Preston in a preseason "friendly" tonight and they're going to batter us - they beat Celtic last week and we are garbage. As if that isn't deflating enough we're playing Rovers next week - surely you can lend him for that worthy cause?

Please can someone clarify something.
    The general opinion of many, many fans was that they wanted rid of Mike Garlick and then things would be much better.
    Mike Garlick is no longer Chairman, John B is still on the Board, the old directors who served the club well have all gone to pastures new and yet many, many fans are still moaning.
    You got what you wanted so why moan?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    But I haven't got what I wanted Sub, I would have liked the club to be sold to an individual or company that could invest serious money in BFC. That hasn't happened, we still appear to be as potless as before, quite possibly we're even worse off, as it appears the Dry Powder Store may well be empty now as well, which is why I moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Please can someone clarify something.
    The general opinion of many, many fans was that they wanted rid of Mike Garlick and then things would be much better.
    Mike Garlick is no longer Chairman, John B is still on the Board, the old directors who served the club well have all gone to pastures new and yet many, many fans are still moaning.
    Wrong Sub.We all wanted the club to be taken over by a company or individual with money to invest in the squad.What we have is a group who have borrowed off the club to purchase the club.It even sounds ridiculous when you write it down.The end result is we are even more potless than before the takeover.Nobody wanted this scenario.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)