+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is Alan Pace having a laugh?

Everton have signed or are about to sign Andros Townsend and Damari Grey. Either of them would have improved our team, but I suppose as they are not defenders they do not suit our preferred playing style.

Wages may have been outside our budget perhaps, but on a free transfer.

Still hoping for a player to be signed who will improve our attacking options.

Walking a tightrope....

Name:  Turf Moor 1985.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  87.8 KB

Turf 85

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Everton have signed or are about to sign Andros Townsend and Damari Grey. Either of them would have improved our team, but I suppose as they are not defenders they do not suit our preferred playing style.

Wages are outside our budget and they cannot defend so non-starters

I'm not sure either of these two would improve our team.

Good swerve by Dyche IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm not sure either of these two would improve our team.

Good swerve by Dyche IMHO.
    I thought grey had gone to Leverkusen for a cheap fee last year tbh but maybe he’s coming back to the Premiership - he would have improved our width- forward play imo anyway , Townsend you can keep for me.

Still hoping - for a player to be signed who will improve our attacking options.

...been a while.

I bet we beat Everton at least once in the coming season.

Just over three weeks to go to the "Big Kick Off" and we have replaced the departed Gibson with Collins.

Is this it?

Does one signing highlight the full sum of our recruitment efforts?

Is Dyche extending his stay or not?

In US sporting parlance, "Someone needs to step up to the plate".
    Here goes BT I think that’s it , don’t think Dyche is interested ( same rubbish coming from his mouth as last time around re - not rushing into deals and which shelf we shop on etc etc. )

Different owners but the record hasn’t changed ,

Posted before I don’t think he’s signing without guarantees on funds for players and I don’t think he’s going to get that so hence he’s going to see his contract out.

We cannot start another season without some pace in the team imo anyway and the numbers are too thin for players , if we had a crisis / injuries it could ruin us , plus the likes of Barnes - peters - Bardsley are or should be bit part players at most this year 10-15 mins here and there at most.
    Brady gone , JBG waiting for his next niggle , Cork getting a bit that way as well - the sole sum of pace in our team is Taylor and Vydra

We need recruitment and we need it quickly imo ,
    Where is the wondrous system the yanks brought with them that analysis worldwide players with a view to us talking to them ( have they forgot to switch it on ? ).

Weve Spent nothing in reality in the whole time of our stay in the premiership ( no mean feat that ) , but it’s catching up with us and sooner or later we’ll need to invest or play in the championship.

For all the unison portrayed by the club with Dyche being a big part of our plans etc I personally think that there is a spanner in the works and they don’t know what to do about it.

Unless I am reading what is coming out from Dyche wrong, nothing has changed except we are now saddled with a mountain of debt.

We have McNeil and JBG to fill the wide berths and that's it.

I am absolutely certain the likes of Richardson, Harker, Glennon and Thompson will be "fast tracked" into the first team squad and Dyche will carry on into relegation martyrdom and leave Burnley Football Club because near certain relegation "was not his fault".

Unless I am reading what is coming out from Dyche wrong, nothing has changed except we are now saddled with a mountain of debt.

We have McNeil and JBG to fill the wide berths and that's it.

I am absolutely certain the likes of Richardson, Harker, Glennon and Thompson will be "fast tracked" into the first team squad and Dyche will carry on into relegation martyrdom and leave Burnley Football Club because near certain relegation "was not his fault".
    I think that’s right BT as hell walk away blame free in reality because of the job he’s done till judgement day.

When I think about it , it must be exhausting for Dyche another full season of the same old same old , we may get lucky and have a good start which would help the cause , I have a strange feeling that the relationship between Dyche and the club will become strained and it could end badly.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)