+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Alan Pace having a laugh?

Question Is Alan Pace having a laugh?

Just over three weeks to go to the "Big Kick Off" and we have replaced the departed Gibson with Collins.

Is this it?

Does one signing highlight the full sum of our recruitment efforts?

Is Dyche extending his stay or not?

In US sporting parlance, "Someone needs to step up to the plate".

He's been there six months or more now BT, and the evidence would suggest that your original premise is correct. No doubt he can see profit in it somewhere for him and his chums, but as far as the fans are concerned, yes he's having a laugh. But the ones having the biggest laugh are those that sold the club to him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He's been there six months or more now BT, and the evidence would suggest that your original premise is correct. No doubt he can see profit in it somewhere for him and his chums, but as far as the fans are concerned, yes he's having a laugh. But the ones having the biggest laugh are those that sold the club to him.
    Fair summary is that mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It does appear that nothing has changed regarding improvements to the team. I will remain optimistic at least until the current transfer window is closed, but it is not looking good since we have already started pre-season training and that is when you would expect new players to be able to gel with the team and manager.

We hear rumours all the time mainly in regard to defenders but as we know our main priority needs to be players who can create chances from either midfield or the wings.

For far too long our tactics in the main appear to play for a 0-0 score line and hope we can score at the other end.

We are now entering, "We need a miracle" time. Again.

We will struggle again and be in a relegation battle unless we bring in new faces, Collins won’t play unless we have injuries the departed Gibson who he has replaced wasn’t even at the club last season therefore he will be on the bench which is the Dyche way. All the other teams will have strengthened come August and I am not looking forward to another season of lumping it forward and hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Miked111 View Post
    We will struggle again and be in a relegation battle unless we bring in new faces, Collins won’t play unless we have injuries the departed Gibson who he has replaced wasn’t even at the club last season therefore he will be on the bench which is the Dyche way. All the other teams will have strengthened come August and I am not looking forward to another season of lumping it forward and hoping for the best.
    The daft thing is we have the nucleus of a decent EPL squad, but gambling again on another "Dyche miracle" without some new faces will be a risk too far this time I feel.

Plenty of transfer rumours for you guys but very little action. Apart from Collins I think you've signed three development players.
    If Cornet comes it could be as a replacement for McNeil - hopefully not. Whatever is going on behind the scenes it's being left very late and any new signings that do come in won't have a proper preseason to integrate.
    I really hope Pace doesn't turn out to be an asset-stripping a**hole like the one that took us to the brink of oblivion but you never know seeing as the "fit and proper persons" test is a f****** joke.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Plenty of transfer rumours for you guys but very little action. Apart from Collins I think you've signed three development players.
    If Cornet comes it could be as a replacement for McNeil - hopefully not. Whatever is going on behind the scenes it's being left very late and any new signings that do come in won't have a proper preseason to integrate.
    I really hope Pace doesn't turn out to be an asset-stripping a**hole like the one that took us to the brink of oblivion but you never know seeing as the "fit and proper persons" test is a f****** joke.
    Me and plenty of others on here kept on repeating the mantra, "Be bloody careful what you wish for", when the cry was resonating around Clarets fans everywhere to get shut of Garlick and the old Board of Directors.

Right now Pace is not convincing me his best interests lie with Burnley Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Miked111 View Post
    I have a feeling he might play at full back Miked
    Played there a bit for Stoke as well as centre back which we bought him for primarily.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)