+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: United v East Fife

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    BUT was this to rotate and maintain fitness amongst the group? i really hope we do not see Harkes, Butcher and Pawlett on along with Fuchs. well i hope so but im prepared and well used to being dissapointed, just like the sister in law.
    Although we're all here for you shagger, this is too vague for us to help mate,
    Was she moaning about the not rotating cos you insist on playing from the rear, was it that you're not able to maintain the solid set up or is it that you can only perform for short stints due to fitness.
    Without knowing the answers, in the short term I can only advise that you manage her disappointment levels by stopping the constant demands for 2 up top

Watched the East Fife game back on DUTV, There wasn't much between the sides. Had a very pre-season feel to it imo barring the few strong challenges. Tempo from both sides were fairly poor and the quality was just as poor. The astro certainly doesn't help. I reckon a draw would have been a fair result but it was a nothing game really. Similar to the Arbroath game but we managed to get wins in both so can't grumble too much. No doubt needs to be an improvement against better opposition but getting through the group was the minimum and we've achieved it convincingly with 4/4.

Think we need to make a decision on who he wants to play as the RWB. Smith or Freeman. Both good there but he needs to make the call rather than forcing both into the team. The 3CB's need to be decided aswell. We've played a mixture of guys there so will need to find out what our best combination is. In the midfield I reckon it'll be Butcher and Fuchs unless we sign someone who can play in there. Up top Shankland will be the focal point but who would be behind him? For me Pawlett and Chalmers. Mochrie has looked decent and clark can do a job but I think Pawlett looks better higher up the park and if given a freedom in there he could be a big player for us. Similar to Chalmers, someone who is prepared to take players on and can give us a creative spark.

We do still need 1/2 bodies in ideally a winger or a Playmaker type. Hopefully they will be in before the Sheep game but who knows

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)