+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: United v East Fife

United v East Fife

Final match of the group stages, a good chance to get 4 wins from 4 (have we done that yet since the group stages came in?)

East Fife are showing the match live here https://eftv.info/ppv-registration/?...80297851562500 for £12.50

Will probably see more rotation tonight

Carson
    L Smith, K Smith, Edwards, Mulgrew, Robson
    Mochrie, Fuchs, Pawlett
    Chalmers, Clark

I managed to predict 10 out of 11 on Saturday, lets see how I do tonight

I'll go with:

-------------------Benji
    ---K Smith Edwards Reynolds
    Freeman Fuchs Hoti Robson
    ----------Chalmers Pawlett
    ------------------Shanks

Do we have a friendly in our 11 day gap from tonight to Aberdeen? If not id go as strong as possible to give most of our starting 11 a full 90 mins run out again

we should be lining up tonight with the most likely team to start the league campaign

We could maybe pick an artificial pitch XI? Reynolds is the only one we've heard of who tries to avoid them but I think it didn't put him off last season when he played on two or three as I recall. Think the youngsters sometimes take to the plastic better so let's call on the kids. I'd maybe leave Charlie Mulgrew out tho he was perfectly at ease at Kelty.

I reckon there will be some rotation for tonight. Courts has been rotating the squad in the previous games so would expect the same tonight. Guys who maybe weren't in the squad/get much game time in any of the games last week. With us pretty much through then would be a decent opportunity again to play some of the players he is maybe not totally sure about so he can make the decision on them before the season begins (which should then help with getting certain targets in)
    No confirmation of any game on Saturday/Sunday yet so I would imagine if we didn't manage to get one for Tannadice we would play someone behind closed doors to at least keep us ticking over.

Carson
    K.Smith Butcher Reynolds
    L.Smith Harkes Fuchs Robson
    Chalmers Pawlett
    Clark

Neilson was carrying a wee knock so maybe not risk him. Edwards and Mulgrew played 90mins v Arbroath so maybe let them rest. Liam Smith and Robson are needing minutes so give them as much as possible then you can take them off for Freeman and Duffy. Fuchs didn't play v Arbroath so give him game time. Harkes can get a half then be replaced by Hoti? Shankland has played a lot so maybe not risk him as much. Clark came off bench v arbroath.
    My Logic for this is all over the place so who knows

hoping for a no thrills game. Secure the top place, get a few goals and no injuries then happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    we should be lining up tonight with the most likely team to start the league campaign
    I think we’re more likely to line up with those in need of game time/ those not playing at weekend. I think they’re banking on another friendly before the league kicks off, even if it’s closed doors(let’s face it, the players are used to that anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    We could maybe pick an artificial pitch XI? Reynolds is the only one we've heard of who tries to avoid them but I think it didn't put him off last season when he played on two or three as I recall. Think the youngsters sometimes take to the plastic better so let's call on the kids. I'd maybe leave Charlie Mulgrew out tho he was perfectly at ease at Kelty.
    He switched with Reynolds and went into the centre because he was being roasted on the left of the three.That's not being negative just truthful.

Seigrest
    Freeman, L Smith, Edwards, Mulgrew, Duffy
    Fuchs, Butcher, Harkes
    Pawlett
    Clark

Only predicted 6 out of 11 this time, my midas touch has gone!

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Seigrest
    Freeman, L Smith, Edwards, Mulgrew, Duffy
    Fuchs, Butcher, Harkes
    Pawlett
    Clark

Only predicted 6 out of 11 this time, my midas touch has gone!
    To be fair to you mate it was really difficult to predict the team for a number of reason's,i think you did no bad.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)