+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Francis Signs

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Yes he played well against Coalville BUT he was bang average in the Grimsby team that he was relegated with last season !

I hope he gets another game or two, against better opposition, before Notts think about offering him a contract..
    I guess Bennett’s trial is more to do with assessing where he’s at physically and psychologically. He’s obviously good enough technically to be a top player in our league with the career he’s had, but we’ll want to find out why it’s not worked for him the last couple of years and whether our environment can get him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I guess Bennett’s trial is more to do with assessing where he’s at physically and psychologically. He’s obviously good enough technically to be a top player in our league with the career he’s had, but we’ll want to find out why it’s not worked for him the last couple of years and whether our environment can get him back on track.
    Totally agree.

He scored a good goal against a team several levels below Notts. I am always sceptical when Notts are thinking about players 30 or above who have had many clubs. Why can they never settle ?

They could sign a deal then drop their efforts and comittment.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Totally agree.

He scored a good goal against a team several levels below Notts. I am always sceptical when Notts are thinking about players 30 or above who have had many clubs. Why can they never settle ?

They could sign a deal then drop their efforts and comittment.
    The thing with Bennett that would make me more optimistic is that he’s had spells with Doncaster and Portsmouth where he’s settled down and been a key player for a successful team over two or three seasons, so he’s clearly capable of it in the right team/environment. And the fact that he’s presumably been brought here by Doyle, who will know all about that side of his game.

The thing with Bennett that would make me more optimistic is that he’s had spells with Doncaster and Portsmouth where he’s settled down and been a key player for a successful team over two or three seasons, so he’s clearly capable of it in the right team/environment. And the fact that he’s presumably been brought here by Doyle, who will know all about that side of his game.
    13 Goals and 21 assists in a season at Pompey playing with Doyle. He obviously needs to feel wanted and I don't think there's a better coaching duo than IB and Doyle for him to work with at this moment in his career. Could prove to be a good move for all parties.

A few threads on him on the Bristol Rovers board that don't make good reading. Doesn't seem to have done much at Grimsby either. Mind you, Rovers talk about him as a winger, whereas IB would probably have him similar to he played against Coalville.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    A few threads on him on the Bristol Rovers board that don't make good reading. Doesn't seem to have done much at Grimsby either. Mind you, Rovers talk about him as a winger, whereas IB would probably have him similar to he played against Coalville.
    How did he have him play against Coalville? I'm assuming behind Wootton as kind of an "inside forward"?

Impressive.

Definitely played his best football as a LW at Portsmouth.

Radio Nottingham interview with Ed...

"The gaffer said...I was the one he wanted to fill Michael Doyle's shoes" - Ed Francis

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09py5gd
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-07-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    How did he have him play against Coalville? I'm assuming behind Wootton as kind of an "inside forward"?
    Yeah, centre mid, behind Wootton but got about the pitch, looked quick, some nice touches, linked up well with both wings, small so low centre of gravity

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast