+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BK Häcken Match Thread & Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Survival rate pre vaccination was about 99. something
    May 01st had 27363 deaths from 160,477 confirmed cases (17% death rate)

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    May 01st had 27363 deaths from 160,477 confirmed cases (17% death rate)
    Where to start with those figures

Going by your figures COVID more deadly than Spanish Flu was.
    Last edited by Basingstokered; 22-07-2021 at 02:49 AM.

Statistics are like mini skirts……

Not my figures, taken from the Coronavirus Worldometer and a snapshot for those dates to reflect the percentages
    Overall, the UK has a death percentage of 2.32% and likely to trend lower as increased vaccinations help

I’ll not go further an question your stats for the Spanish Flu as I believe that to be a failed deflection

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Not my figures, taken from the Coronavirus Worldometer and a snapshot for those dates to reflect the percentages
    Overall, the UK has a death percentage of 2.32% and likely to trend lower as increased vaccinations help

I’ll not go further an question your stats for the Spanish Flu as I believe that to be a failed deflection

The reality is that nobody will ever know the true survivability rate for a couple of reasons. Firstly for the May/June period that you quote the number of people with covid will have been enormously understated as the number of people being tested for covid was severely restricted due to lack of testing facilities/equipment. Secondly ever since day one of covid, whenever that really was, the fact that you can have covid with no symptoms means that huge numbers of people will be missing from the positive test case numbers if they are not subject to routine/mandatory tests.

So given we will know with reasonable accuracy the number of deaths from covid, but that the number of positive cases are hugely understated all we really know is that the death rate will be significantly less than the actual published figures. I'm not belittling the tragedy that covid has become, for so many different reasons, but just cautioning about quoting published figures as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The reality is that nobody will ever know the true survivability rate for a couple of reasons. Firstly for the May/June period that you quote the number of people with covid will have been enormously understated as the number of people being tested for covid was severely restricted due to lack of testing facilities/equipment. Secondly ever since day one of covid, whenever that really was, the fact that you can have covid with no symptoms means that huge numbers of people will be missing from the positive test case numbers if they are not subject to routine/mandatory tests.

So given we will know with reasonable accuracy the number of deaths from covid, but that the number of positive cases are hugely understated all we really know is that the death rate will be significantly less than the actual published figures. I'm not belittling the tragedy that covid has become, for so many different reasons, but just cautioning about quoting published figures as gospel.
    We know with reasonable accuracy the number of deaths of people with Covid not directly from Covid

Add to that the fact that they are a bunch of lying b'astards, we'll never know anything for sure.

Some very valid points and I accept the premise surrounding testing at that time.
    The suggestion that the death rate has remained the same since before vaccination is ludicrous.
    Despite the reported increase in cases, we are not seeing the same levels of hospitalisationa and deaths. The unknown factor regarding limited testing will have a limited bearing on that stat