+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think they will call lockdown in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Bull****, narrow minded nonsense. Time to get in tune with the real world Islay.
    In my opinion too many people are faking illness to avoid going to their work. It might in your views be the real world but it is not correct.
    You might change your views if you owned a business and your staff were self certificating for five working days at a time to get extra holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I can assure that when this member of staff came into the office after her holiday in Ibiza and still on the insurance there was a lot of discontent about her going on holiday allegedly suffering from ME (Yuppy Flu) whilst the rest of us were working at our job.
    I will stick to my theories and you can stick to yours.
    You should have gone straight to that person's doctor and given them your proper diagnosis based on your opinion and without any reference to medical fact, tests or assessment of symptoms. I'm sure the doctor would have appreciated the input.

If someone is fit enough to go for a fortnight’s holiday in Ibiza then they are fit enough to return to their work especially as they are sitting at a desk carrying out a clerical job.
    That’s not always the case at all.

There are certainly illnesses where a doctor might even recommend a holiday.

Australia.......Will that insanity arrive here in the winter.....

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    That’s not always the case at all.

There are certainly illnesses where a doctor might even recommend a holiday.
    We will now get down to the nitty gritty.
    This person was allegedly suffering from ME which is supposed to be a debilitating illness which tires people out. Sunbathing especially in a hot place like Ibiza can be very tiring.
    On another occasion several of the staff who were based in City House above the Overgate Shopping Centre were working overtime one Sunday. They went out for a breath of air at lunchtime and happened to meet this member of staff who was off work suffering from ME.
    They were all surprised to bump into their poorly fellow member of staff and were even more shocked when the ME sufferer told them that she had been out for a walk from the Stobswell area where she lived into the town and along Riverside Drive as far as the railway bridge. The ME sufferer was walking home when they happened to meet her.
    Needless to say this meeting was the ‘talk of the steamie’ at work the following day with everyone thinking that it was ridiculous that a person suffering from ME was able to walk on a route march but unable to return to work.
    Sometimes GPs hand out insurance lines too easily.
    I have never forgotten this and I never will.

This person was allegedly suffering from ME which is supposed to be a debilitating illness which tires people out. Sunbathing especially in a hot place like Ibiza can be very tiring.
    On another occasion several of the staff who were based in City House above the Overgate Shopping Centre were working overtime one Sunday. They went out for a breath of air at lunchtime and happened to meet this member of staff who was off work suffering from ME.
    They were all surprised to bump into their poorly fellow member of staff and were even more shocked when the ME sufferer told them that she had been out for a walk from the Stobswell area where she lived into the town and along Riverside Drive as far as the railway bridge. The ME sufferer was walking home when they happened to meet her.
    Needless to say this meeting was the ‘talk of the steamie’ at work the following day with everyone thinking that it was ridiculous that a person suffering from ME was able to walk on a route march but unable to return to work.
    Since you only deal in facts it’s surprising you indulge in steamie talk… however let’s stick to facts.

It’s a fact that ME sufferers can have varying degrees of debilitation from day to day and in fact one of the ways that’s recommended to reduce symptoms is exercise.

So your colleague may well have had ME, been off work with it, recommended a holiday and advised to exercise where possible.

What nobody needs when off work with illnesss is blethering gossips making their life difficult. Also a fact.
    Last edited by hmac; 22-07-2021 at 09:22 AM.

FFS Islay, you started by saying this person was out for a walk and soon had her route marching it. You do understand the difference I assume?

I had an operation (key hole) a few years back and was signed off work for a week after it. I was also told to stay active and to get out and about walking as soon as I could; I walked from Downfield to Coldside and back the next day and was exhausted afterwards. Just because someone's signed off work it doesn't mean they're disabled and can't get on with their lives.

I think there is an illness called ME.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think there is an illness called ME.
    Yes, there is. And despite Doctor Islays protestations one of the treatments can be exercise. One of the features is also that symptoms can be there one day and not the next. despite what the fishwives in the steamie have to say.

I can assure that when this member of staff came into the office after her holiday in Ibiza and still on the insurance there was a lot of discontent about her going on holiday allegedly suffering from ME (Yuppy Flu) whilst the rest of us were working at our job.
    I will stick to my theories and you can stick to yours.
    And i will stick to the fact that you were not in a position to correctly assess a persons fitness to work and do their job.

Not Doctor Islay i presume.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)