+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nemane Signs

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    The money thing is funny. Obviously we’ll have got him by offering more than Torquay, but our crowds are double theirs so it’s hardly surprising we can offer more. That and he’s basically a direct replacement for Boldewijn, so you’d guess we’re quite a few quid up per week still from that particular switch…
    It’s the price of having a good season, but not getting promoted, and having out of contract players.

The good thing for us is that there’s not even that much expectation of winning the league with Hollywood Wrexham and the Stockport Allstars knocking about.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Think that’s when teams sit in and defend their penalty area in numbers. Opposite to a high press.
    Exactly. Narrow and deep, not allowing players in behind easily due to lack of space.

https://youtu.be/0-yqkJjglLM

This neatly explains all to us amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Exactly. Narrow and deep, not allowing players in behind easily due to lack of space.

https://youtu.be/0-yqkJjglLM

This neatly explains all to us amateurs.
    I must admit I have taken far more interest in the tactics of football since IB arrived. At times watching Notts over the years has been so one-dimensional / random but right now it feels like we actually have decent tactical plans. What is going on?!?!

I'm not sure but the extra detail IB goes into when talking about new players signed and some of the tactical side of the game is very refreshing in my eyes.

Next season is going to be biblical.

Another impressive signing. Another talented young player whose value will increase over time. Another signal to us that the owners are deadly serious about turning the club around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Another impressive signing. Another talented young player whose value will increase over time. Another signal to us that the owners are deadly serious about turning the club around.
    Trial by YouTube sez:

He'll do for us!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Trial by YouTube sez:

He'll do for us!

The thing that stands out for me in that little montage is that his speed allows him to make late runs into the box, often getting on the end of a cross which is something we have definitely missed since KD left. Also, he dribbles like Raheem Sterling!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123