+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Kits

Firm or Soft balls don't bother me either Rev nowadays mate.
    I play them as I receive them with 100% full energetic enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    It says, "We value the support of "influencers" more than we value the support of fans.

It says, " We know that we can charge exorbitant prices for product that costs pennies to make, because we have millions of fans around the world who are so loyal they will pay whatever we choose to charge"

It says, "We can change strip as often as we like, with a choice of sponsors that is based entirely on the money the club earns, despite the damage that the sponsors "industry" causes to fans and non-fans alike"

It was bad enough when we were in the Championship, it will only get worse now we are in the Premiership.

Not just football is it - Fact is some Leeds Utd social media fan forums now often pay posters as more opinions get views which creates more advertising revenue interest.

Even your beloved Harley-Davidson are at it to sell bikes,parts & accessories.
    Harley-Davidson have a strategy (2017/27) to build the next generation of Harley-Davidson riders globally by giving freebies to celebs & influencers stating "We drove relevance and interest through our activations with celebrities and social media influencers whose content and activity generated more than equivalent traditional media value that is now up 80% compared to pre-2017"

Ultimate goal being:
    1.Expand to 4 million total Harley-Davidson riders in the U.S.
    2.Grow international business to 50 percent of annual Harley-Davidson Motor Company (HDMC) revenue, launch 100 new high impact motorcycles, deliver superior return on invested capital for HDMC (S&P 500 top 25%).
    3.And grow its business without growing its environmental impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Not just football is it - Fact is some Leeds Utd social media fan forums now often pay posters as more opinions get views which creates more advertising revenue interest.

Even your beloved Harley-Davidson are at it to sell bikes,parts & accessories.
    Harley-Davidson have a strategy (2017/27) to build the next generation of Harley-Davidson riders globally by giving freebies to celebs & influencers stating "We drove relevance and interest through our activations with celebrities and social media influencers whose content and activity generated more than equivalent traditional media value that is now up 80% compared to pre-2017"

Ultimate goal being:
    1.Expand to 4 million total Harley-Davidson riders in the U.S.
    2.Grow international business to 50 percent of annual Harley-Davidson Motor Company (HDMC) revenue, launch 100 new high impact motorcycles, deliver superior return on invested capital for HDMC (S&P 500 top 25%).
    3.And grow its business without growing its environmental impact.
    Simply because the practice of using "influencers" is rife, even with HD, doesn't make it right, it simply reflects the ability of the general public to be manipulated by all things "interweb" related, instead of making their own critical judgments, on all matters. And that quote from HD? The usual drivel from marketing departments the world over, irrespective of product or service involved. "Driving relevance" WTF?????? For that read "we showed the public what they can look like by giving bikes/apparel to good looking/***y people and generated even more jealousy"

I don't love Harley Davidson, I love MY Harley Davidson, and if you take the trouble to speak to other owners, I'm very confident that they will be of the same view, and critical of HD for their high prices for everything, from whole bikes to the smallest fridge magnet (particularly outside the USA), the manufacturing strategy of producing much of the after-market product in China and elsewhere (so much for flying the flag!), and a host of other things. Yet they love their bikes, because it's the bike they bought, not some marketeers dream (no matter how much the marketeer might think otherwise), and their decision to buy their bike won't have been driven by seeing some "beautiful person" on a bike gifted to them by HD.

Came across a very apt strap-line shortly after buying the Springer, "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand", very, VERY true, you either get it, or you don't. If you don't, go buy a rice burner.

And as per usual, you attempt to deflect criticism of LUFC by raising the subject of HDs policy towards influencers, which is, in the context of the thread, irrelevant

No no NO Mr WTF.

I love MY club & you don't.
    Marketing works in many ways and the club "I" love quite rightly uses those many ways - end of !

The Harley crews draped around bikes in the 'Parisian playground' resort I live next to were influenced by said influencers & I do understand marketing especially 'classic vehicles' and what they mean to genuine owners as my family is heavily involved in sourcing such rare vehicles so don't pull your rank on me I politely ask.

My views differ to yours but I'm cool about it mate so don't blow a gasket over matters please.
    I'll dismiss your usual jab of irrelevant posting as a dig at my posting style to.

No no NO Mr WTF.

I love MY club & you don't.
    Marketing works in many ways and the club "I" love quite rightly uses those many ways - end of !

The Harley crews draped around bikes in the 'Parisian playground' resort I live next to were influenced by said influencers & I do understand marketing especially 'classic vehicles' and what they mean to genuine owners as my family is heavily involved in sourcing such rare vehicles so don't pull your rank on me I politely ask.

My views differ to yours but I'm cool about it mate so don't blow a gasket over matters please.
    I'll dismiss your usual jab of irrelevant posting as a dig at my posting style to.
    So those who criticise the club "don't love" Leeds? Love doesn't equate to unquestioning acceptance of everything that the club does, that is slavish subservience, a very different "quality", and as for those who were "influenced", they are here-today, gone tomorrow owners who will come and go, the core of HD owners will remain, at least for now. I suspect there is an existential threat to HD which has next to nothing to do with it's marketing, and everything to do with the coming demise of the internal combustion engine. No-one will buy a Harley that sounds like every other electric bike on the road (and they will ALL be electric very soon).

And "pulling rank", errr WTF? I own a Harley, nothing more nothing less, although I'd suggest as an owner of over 20 years standing I know more about those who buy and ride them than you. Is that your definition of "pulling rank"? I'd say it's more a matter of personal experience being applied to critical judgement. And how you come to a conclusion that I'm "blowing a gasket" is puzzling, given what I posted, although I stick by my comment about the absolute irrelevance of the discussion regarding HD to the subject of the response to Silentmans query. Not a matter of posting style, simply a statement as to the nature of what you posted (and my replies) and the relevance to the question he posed (but you go ahead and dismiss if it makes it easier to ignore the question).

These are the best owners we have ever had... even in our pomp the owners failed to hold on to players and no planning for the future and apart from the Don’s marketing skills did nothing off the field to grow the club.
    Personally think this sending shirts out has been executed brilliantly. Getting loads of hits on social media where folk are posting up the shirt, and seen it mentioned where they will be passed on to fans who can’t afford them... For little cost, gorilla marketing at its best

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So those who criticise the club "don't love" Leeds? Love doesn't equate to unquestioning acceptance of everything that the club does, that is slavish subservience, a very different "quality", and as for those who were "influenced", they are here-today, gone tomorrow owners who will come and go, the core of HD owners will remain, at least for now. I suspect there is an existential threat to HD which has next to nothing to do with it's marketing, and everything to do with the coming demise of the internal combustion engine. No-one will buy a Harley that sounds like every other electric bike on the road (and they will ALL be electric very soon).

And "pulling rank", errr WTF? I own a Harley, nothing more nothing less, although I'd suggest as an owner of over 20 years standing I know more about those who buy and ride them than you. Is that your definition of "pulling rank"? I'd say it's more a matter of personal experience being applied to critical judgement. And how you come to a conclusion that I'm "blowing a gasket" is puzzling, given what I posted, although I stick by my comment about the absolute irrelevance of the discussion regarding HD to the subject of the response to Silentmans query. Not a matter of posting style, simply a statement as to the nature of what you posted (and my replies) and the relevance to the question he posed (but you go ahead and dismiss if it makes it easier to ignore the question).
    Attracting new fans & new customers is part of any business.

Myself,Mum,Dad & one brother buy tickets but only my sister & other brother buy the accessories/merchandise in our family.

So how do the club generate new sales revenue to kids with no ideas on who Leeds Utd where/are in today's markets ?

I know for a fact that the freebies my Mum is given from the club all go to kids for starters FOC which is the right ethic.

Nobody under 20 knew about Leeds in France until last season.They do now via French TV pundits weekly praising us and our French import players doing well with Adidas plastering Meslier everywhere.
    That creates a market to explore and expand which is great for the club revenue streams surely.

Your possibly in my Dads age bracket but in truth the now youth generation are the next fans/customers with money to spend and they have to be hooked in via how they view today's football and it's not how my Dad or myself got hooked for sure.
    New fans will possibly never get to see matches live & probably will watch games beamed in to wherever they live in truth.

That's why differing age groups have differing views on matters - my take or your take but marketing just wants to take and football has a lot of clubs to take from.
    Nobody will shed a tear for me if I don't renew my season ticket as they'll probably get more for it and good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    These are the best owners we have ever had... even in our pomp the owners failed to hold on to players and no planning for the future and apart from the Don’s marketing skills did nothing off the field to grow the club.
    Personally think this sending shirts out has been executed brilliantly. Getting loads of hits on social media where folk are posting up the shirt, and seen it mentioned where they will be passed on to fans who can’t afford them... For little cost, gorilla marketing at its best
    And what benefit to the club? "Fans who can't afford them" (the shirts), are going to be what to the club in the future? Oh I know, subscriber's to Sky Sports, enriching the likes of the Murdoch clan, enhanced PL monies paid by Sky and others to the PL, and hence to the owners via more lucrative broadcast deals. And the fans who once formed the backbone of the clubs success? Fodder to the checkout and the insatiable desire to make money, as opposed to being part of what was once a great supporters club. Shame on those who see LUFC as a cash machine.

Attracting new fans & new customers is part of any business.

Myself,Mum,Dad & one brother buy tickets but only my sister & other brother buy the accessories/merchandise in our family.

So how do the club generate new sales revenue to kids with no ideas on who Leeds Utd where/are in today's markets ?

I know for a fact that the freebies my Mum is given from the club all go to kids for starters FOC which is the right ethic.

Nobody under 20 knew about Leeds in France until last season.They do now via French TV pundits weekly praising us and our French import players doing well with Adidas plastering Meslier everywhere.
    That creates a market to explore and expand which is great for the club revenue streams surely.

Your possibly in my Dads age bracket but in truth the now youth generation are the next fans/customers with money to spend and they have to be hooked in via how they view today's football and it's not how my Dad or myself got hooked for sure.
    New fans will possibly never get to see matches live & probably will watch games beamed in to wherever they live in truth.

That's why differing age groups have differing views on matters - my take or your take but marketing just wants to take and football has a lot of clubs to take from.
    Nobody will shed a tear for me if I don't renew my season ticket as they'll probably get more for it and good luck to them.
    If LUFC depend on the kind of nonesense you write, "we're doomed".

Success breeds success, so investing in the 1st team is what is most likely to bring dividends, not whether some pretty person wants to wear a shirt they haven't the faintest notion of connecting to any club, let alone LUFC.

What you or your mum do with freebies is irrelevant (there's a pattern emerging), what the club does in engaging with its current and future fan base isn't. The reason no-one knew about LUFC until last season is that we were the Championship FFS, with little or no media profile outside the UK, not so any more. F00k all to do with "influencers", but they are hardly likely to own up to their LACK of influence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)