+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Kits

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If LUFC depend on the kind of nonesense you write, "we're doomed".

Success breeds success, so investing in the 1st team is what is most likely to bring dividends, not whether some pretty person wants to wear a shirt they haven't the faintest notion of connecting to any club, let alone LUFC.

What you or your mum do with freebies is irrelevant (there's a pattern emerging), what the club does in engaging with its current and future fan base isn't. The reason no-one knew about LUFC until last season is that we were the Championship FFS, with little or no media profile outside the UK, not so any more. F00k all to do with "influencers", but they are hardly likely to own up to their LACK of influence.

So if a 'representative of LUFC' offered you freebie tickets plus replica shirt for yourself & grandchildren for Southampton away or Manchester Utd away you'd decline ?
    Seen it done many times prior game and seen parents with tears of joy & disbelief !

Adding an irrelevant fact - when approached Bielsa always asks who you support & regardless of the answer he'll give a club freebie of whatever is in his bag,even throws LUFC wrapped sweets to kids of opposing fans when arriving at away grounds

You'll have to tell him to his face that he's got it all wrong & the club as well but I bet he'll still promote the club and give a souvenir regardless with a smile mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    So if a 'representative of LUFC' offered you freebie tickets plus replica shirt for yourself & grandchildren for Southampton away or Manchester Utd away you'd decline ?
    Seen it done many times prior game and seen parents with tears of joy & disbelief !

Adding an irrelevant fact - when approached Bielsa always asks who you support & regardless of the answer he'll give a club freebie of whatever is in his bag,even throws LUFC wrapped sweets to kids of opposing fans when arriving at away grounds

You'll have to tell him to his face that he's got it all wrong & the club as well but I bet he'll still promote the club and give a souvenir regardless with a smile mate.
    Yes I would decline, because my LOVE of LUFC extends beyond the offer of a few freebies, but that's just me, not you.

Bielsa may give to who whatever he wishes and under whatever conditions he sees fit, to suggest that is club policy is juvenile. And would I tell him to his face he is wrong to do so, just to curry favour with those who have neither affiliations, nor loyalty to the club, yes, if it was wrong, but in what he has done it, it isn't. However I suspect that unlike some at LUFC, Bielsa is able to discern those who belatedly jump on the bandwagon from true LUFC supporters.

LUFC giving club assets to those who have no loyalty to the club, f00k yes that is wrong (ask Bielsa what his view is, if you dare).

And you still haven't made the slightest attempt at answering Silentmans question (at least is I tried in my FIRST response)

I am old - 61 and have almost no interest in social media. I also can't understand any of the hype of crap like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone pay's an only fans "model" to look at them scantily clad. This is all the more perplexing when there are billions of pics of naked women on the net for free (or so I've heard).

However, I do understand that's apparently where the future and money is. I believe is was some Brit that insisted that the world needed "buggy whip manufacturers and welsh coal miners" or the economy would collapse.

I think it was very good marketing to send out the kits and hope some "influencer" would wear it on a selfie. It's the cost of one TV or Radio ad and it's impact is much greater.

I do wish that the kits were better organized as far as sizes. They run out of the more "normal" sizes much quicker than the super small or large sizes. Make more of the 3 or 4 most popular sizes. If you think you've made enough make another 25% to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I am old - 61 and have almost no interest in social media. I also can't understand any of the hype of crap like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone pay's an only fans "model" to look at them scantily clad. This is all the more perplexing when there are billions of pics of naked women on the net for free (or so I've heard).

However, I do understand that's apparently where the future and money is. I believe is was some Brit that insisted that the world needed "buggy whip manufacturers and welsh coal miners" or the economy would collapse.

I think it was very good marketing to send out the kits and hope some "influencer" would wear it on a selfie. It's the cost of one TV or Radio ad and it's impact is much greater.

I do wish that the kits were better organized as far as sizes. They run out of the more "normal" sizes much quicker than the super small or large sizes. Make more of the 3 or 4 most popular sizes. If you think you've made enough make another 25% to be sure.
    With you 100% on the stock ordering and the other points too.

The hoodies seem to sell out super quick. Wonder if it is anything to do with reduced manufacturing capacity during CVD.

Golf clubs and clothing are are hard to get hold of at the moment as there seems to be way more demand than capacity

FWIW I quite like the new 1st team strip (notwithstanding the daft box on the sleeve, I can get over that with the rest of the design and colour combination).

New away kit looks v good

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)