+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What was SD expecting from BPF and Norris ?

What was SD expecting from BPF and Norris ?

Now that we’ve signed Welsh international Hennessy to act as cover between the sticks, i’d Like to know how we came to signB/P/ Farrell and Norris , neither of which filled the average Claret with any confidence. Initially I thought BPF May have a chance ,being an international goalie, but conceding 14 goals in 3 games , doesn’t exactly fill you with any hope for the future. As for Norris, no one ever heard of him , and he too does not offer very much. Let’s be honest, if Wolves would have seen anything in him, they wouldn’t have let him join us , would they ? Half the time , a goalie is only as good as the 10 players in front of him, which as we all know from last season, was dreadful on more than one occasion.
    At least in Hennessy we appear to have a goalie with a fair bit of experience behind him,at both club and international level. This could be a shrewd move by SD- unlike the other two.

The obsession with goalkeepers mystifies me. We have one of the UK's top goalkeeping coaches in Billy Mercer, yet we still need 23 goalies on our books. Baffling to say the least.

Why we did not resign Tom Heaton still needs some fathoming in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The obsession with goalkeepers mystifies me. We have one of the UK's top goalkeeping coaches in Billy Mercer, yet we still need 23 goalies on our books. Baffling to say the least.

Why we did not resign Tom Heaton still needs some fathoming in my book.
    If only the goalkeeping situation was the only mystifying aspect of our recruitment BT, sadly the bafflement extends way beyond the six yard box.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If only the goalkeeping situation was the only mystifying aspect of our recruitment BT, sadly the bafflement extends way beyond the six yard box.
    Nothing baffling at all Sinkov-Hennessy was for free.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Nothing baffling at all Sinkov-Hennessy was for free.
    So was Heaton CiB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    So was Heaton CiB.
    I have a feeling Man U is the better option if he had to choose....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)