+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Pathway to first team coach at Dundee United Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If he is doing his Pro Licence everything is fine but i do not think we should pay for anyone else to do it as its around 10K and we are skint.
    And yet folk complain about Courts being the cheap option? ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't it seems 🤔

A coach at Scottish Premiership level must at least be doing his Pro Licence to be a Head Coach.He can run Kelty Hearts, our U18's or a reserve team with a UEFA A licence but he cannot be in charge of Dundee United unless he gets them relegated.
    You mentioned neither of the other two had their Pro License. I was asking what the issue was with that as only the Head Coach needs his Pro License as you've just said.

As for the other two, Fox has been first team coach at Hearts & assistant manager at Livi, both in the Premiership, so I'm assuming he has the neccesary qualifications to be carrying out the role he has at Utd, no?

Either way, if Utd want these guys running first team matters and they aren't qualified, then it's up to Utd to get them qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    You mentioned neither of the other two had their Pro License. I was asking what the issue was with that as only the Head Coach needs his Pro License as you've just said.

As for the other two, Fox has been first team coach at Hearts & assistant manager at Livi, both in the Premiership, so I'm assuming he has the neccesary qualifications to be carrying out the role he has at Utd, no?

Either way, if Utd want these guys running first team matters and they aren't qualified, then it's up to Utd to get them qualified.
    Although its not the easiest thing to find about mate it does appear according to an Edinburgh paper that Fox either has or is in the process of attaining his UEFA pro licence.
    I think its fair to say as you did allude to that he is the more experienced of our three first team coaches.I think it takes around two years to get it and it includes overseas visits etc which Covid may have held up.

Quote Originally Posted by shed_boy_21 View Post
    If you weren’t such a condescending chunt I would provide a response to your question.
    If in doubt just become abusive. Nice one.

Cheers mate,its a rags to riches tale of how someone managed to go from a Motherwell high school as a qualified YOUTH coach to the first team at Tannadice.
    A truly remarkable achievement by Adam.I wonder how much his pay rise was?,doesna matter we are loaded.
    100% guilty and very very proud to highlight it when it was swept under the Utd Mad carpet.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)