+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting the season

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I’m cautiously optimistic. I just hope supporters aren’t jumping on players backs at the first misplaced pass. Supporters can play a big part in creating the right environment.
    I think if we are consistently playing football on the front-foot then the negative atmosphere there has been at Meadow Lane at times over the last 20 years (save for the odd winning season) will not materialise. Fans can deal with a misplaced pass if they can see the bigger picture and an attacking mindset. I think what is harder to swallow is a series of passes in our own half before passing back to the keeper who knocks it aimlessly long - this type of football does not appear to be a feature under IB.

Win or lose I can see matches being entertaining. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    This isn’t a dig at Ardley, but you can see why the owners elected to make the managerial change when they did. The thought and planning that have gone into these signings, they didn’t happen over night. Additionally, I’m not sure NA would have wanted to go down the recruitment path we have.

I’m cautiously optimistic. I just hope supporters aren’t jumping on players backs at the first misplaced pass. Supporters can play a big part in creating the right environment.
    Yeah, I liked Ardley and I think he's a decent manager but he's not the man you need if you want him pulling up trees. What I really like about IB is he's fearless, will make a sub in the first half if he feels it's needed, it's just so refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Let's hope so OG.
    Most expect one of the final additions to be another striker, highly likely I think.

What strikes me from all the chat on here is that fans have zero expectations of Sam and Knight. Knight is still a work in progress but I'm hopeful Sam will be much better this season with IB finding the best role for him
    I think both will have a big part to play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I think if we are consistently playing football on the front-foot then the negative atmosphere there has been at Meadow Lane at times over the last 20 years (save for the odd winning season) will not materialise. Fans can deal with a misplaced pass if they can see the bigger picture and an attacking mindset. I think what is harder to swallow is a series of passes in our own half before passing back to the keeper who knocks it aimlessly long - this type of football does not appear to be a feature under IB.

Key line ‘if they can see the bigger picture’

I sincerely hope that supporters do. If you’re brave on the ball, forward pass or try to take someone on, it’s inevitable that you will lose the ball on occasion.

Anyway, I’m certainly looking forward to some entertaining football.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yeah, I liked Ardley and I think he's a decent manager but he's not the man you need if you want him pulling up trees. What I really like about IB is he's fearless, will make a sub in the first half if he feels it's needed, it's just so refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Main take away from that is how professional and good our media stuff, interviews with IB and the players etc are compared to other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post

Sutton United showed how you gain promotion at this level, by beating clubs that are mid to low table consistantly, they did not have a great record against the top 7 sides

in many ways, notts opening failure last season against a poor side Dover, who won only 2 of their 15 matches, showed notts were never really champions material

Its all about belief and intent, Notts must first believe they are going to win against lesser sides, then dominate and translate that onto the field, basically attack weaker sides, and they will crumble, not the approach of safety, keeping these lesser sides in the game

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Main take away from that is how professional and good our media stuff, interviews with IB and the players etc are compared to other clubs.
    I think the clubs media coverage and team have really come on leaps and bounds in the past couple of seasons. Another area where the club is better now than when we first got relegated. It all bodes well for when we return back to the EFL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12