+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 5 subs rule

5 subs rule

Is longer. New season has 3 subs from a bench of 7

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Is longer. New season has 3 subs from a bench of 7
    That will fc uk Val over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    That will fc uk Val over.
    Absolutely .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolutely .
    He achieved a lot last season but I can't help thinking he was a one trick pony by the end of it.

Towards the end of the season we did stutter over the line a bit when some other teams started to fathom us out. And he seemed totally clueless when it came to the important Play off matches.
    Big things are expected of him at his new club, and if he doesn't even make a good start, he might be signing on again by christmas or the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Towards the end of the season we did stutter over the line a bit when some other teams started to fathom us out. And he seemed totally clueless when it came to the important Play off matches.
    Big things are expected of him at his new club, and if he doesn't even make a good start, he might be signing on again by christmas or the new year.
    I've a similar feeling I had under Struber about Val. I thought he had lost the plot towards the end. I haven't a crystal ball but think had he stayed he'd have made demands of the board like Struber and ended up sulking like Struber.

Luckily that situation was resolved quickly and the new gaffer has had a full pre-season with his oven ready squad. I'd like to see three additions before I cast judgement on the new guy though.

Normally I'd wait 10 games before asking for him to be sacked but he hasn't brought any of his own players in yet so I'll give him benefit of doubt.