+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That's me officially exempt....

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    And that’s the issue. They’re probably doing what they were told.

Montrose don’t seem to care, no mask no problem in your seat
    It is up to the Dundee supporters who have been able to attend recent games at Dens to complain the management about the ‘heavy handed’ attitude of the stewards at Dens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Stewards at Links Park just letting people chose for themselves tonight, saw a couple of masks but vast majority including myself and pals not wearing.
    I wonder if Dundee are going to carry on trying to enforce this because sheet of rules I got with my Forfar ticket still saying facemasks must be worn within the stadium.
    The wearing of face masks since 10th July 2020 has not stopped the spread of the Covid-19 virus. The only way that it will stopped is if people’s temperature is taken before they enter a shop, football ground or any building. If their temperature is above a certain level they should barred from entering and told to get a PCR test.
    My wife goes to a podiatrist in Dundee which since things reopened in July 2020 has been taking their clients temperature as they enter the building. If it is above a certain temperature they are advised to go to Kings Cross Hospital and get a PCR test.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The wearing of face masks since 10th July 2020 has not stopped the spread of the Covid-19 virus. The only way that it will stopped is if people’s temperature is taken before they enter a shop, football ground or any building. If their temperature is above a certain level they should barred from entering and told to get a PCR test.
    My wife goes to a podiatrist in Dundee which since things reopened in July 2020 has been taking their clients temperature as they enter the building. If it is above a certain temperature they are advised to go to Kings Cross Hospital and get a PCR test.
    Taking someone's temperature is even less effective at stopping the spread of Covid than wearing face masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Taking someone's temperature is even less effective at stopping the spread of Covid than wearing face masks.
    How do you work that out.
    Please explain in full
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 22-07-2021 at 09:11 AM. Reason: More info

How do you work that out.
    Please explain in full
    Masks are preventative and temperature checking is monitoring.

Masks at least form a physical barrier of sorts to infection, albeit that we agree a fairly ineffective barrier it's something at least and the theory is sound. Taking your temperature doesn't form any kind of physical barrier to the spread of infection but simply monitors for the virus after it's taken hold.

Putting a physical barrier in place is a preventative measure because the idea is that the spread of the virus is physically slowed or stopped. Taking temperature can't prevent the spread. A suitable analogy would be a seat belt - wearing a seat belt is a physical barrier to the potential of serious injury in the event of an accident. If you have the accident first and the doctor looks at you and says 'you've broken your leg' it's too late and it's just a monitor of the result of the accident.

By the time someone's temperature is elevated, assuming it's due to Covid-19 and not just a throat infection or the like, they already have the virus - again, temperature checking is a monitoring device and not a preventive one. It's too late by the time this is picked up and the infected person is already spreading. If you've had the accident without the seat belt you're in hospital with your leg in traction.

So, by the time Mrs. Islay has gone into the podiatrist's entrance to have her temperature taken she might have already spread infection, if we're to believe that the virus spreads as readily as it does, and will continue to do so until she reaches her point of self isolation.

She might also have a streptococcal infection and could end up in self isolation for a week rather than just gargling salt water and getting on with her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Masks are preventative and temperature checking is monitoring.

Masks at least form a physical barrier of sorts to infection, albeit that we agree a fairly ineffective barrier it's something at least and the theory is sound. Taking your temperature doesn't form any kind of physical barrier to the spread of infection but simply monitors for the virus after it's taken hold.

Putting a physical barrier in place is a preventative measure because the idea is that the spread of the virus is physically slowed or stopped. Taking temperature can't prevent the spread. A suitable analogy would be a seat belt - wearing a seat belt is a physical barrier to the potential of serious injury in the event of an accident. If you have the accident first and the doctor looks at you and says 'you've broken your leg' it's too late and it's just a monitor of the result of the accident.

By the time someone's temperature is elevated, assuming it's due to Covid-19 and not just a throat infection or the like, they already have the virus - again, temperature checking is a monitoring device and not a preventive one. It's too late by the time this is picked up and the infected person is already spreading. If you've had the accident without the seat belt you're in hospital with your leg in traction.

So, by the time Mrs. Islay has gone into the podiatrist's entrance to have her temperature taken she might have already spread infection, if we're to believe that the virus spreads as readily as it does, and will continue to do so until she reaches her point of self isolation.

She might also have a streptococcal infection and could end up in self isolation for a week rather than just gargling salt water and getting on with her life.
    Thank, you Dr Deeranged for your informative reply.
    However the wearing of one size fits all single use face masks is not stopping the spread of the Covid-19 virus despite what Nicola Sturgeon and the dentist seem to think.
    I have previously posted on here that I had two separate Covid-19 PCR tests in Kings Cross Hospital last year because I told my GP that I was breathless and my GP panicked. On both occasions my temperature was normal and each PCR test showed that I was not suffering from the Covid-19 virus. The first time I had a chest infection and the second time I was suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection.
    Last year no one was allowed to suffer from another illness without having a PCR test. The rules have now changed.
    I stand by my opinion that people should have their temperature taken before they enter a shop or a public building. If it is above a certain level they should be refused admission and told to immediately get a PCR test.
    Since the beginning of June 2021 there have been Covid-19 virus clusters in Bowmore, Port Ellen and last week in Port Charlotte on the island of Islay.
    If the temperature of people arriving at Kennacraig to travel to Islay by ferry and Glasgow Airport to fly to Islay had been taken the import of the Covid-19 virus to Islay could have been stopped in its tracks.
    It is likely that holidaymakers, incoming workers and local Islay residents who have had their first trip to the Mainland since March 2020:have inadvertently brought the Covid-19 virus onto the island of Islay.
    One thing is certain. The Covid-19 vaccinations are not stopping the spread of the Delta (Indian) strain of the Covid-19 virus throughout the U.K.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 22-07-2021 at 11:54 AM.

I stand by my opinion that people should have their temperature taken before they enter a shop or a public building. If it is above a certain level they should be refused admission and told to immediately get a PCR test
    However, and I'm sure you know this but just won't admit you were (once again) completely wrong, that is not what your original opinion was. Your original opinion was that taking people's temperature would be more effective at stopping the spread of Covid-19 than face masks.

I agreed with you that face masks are not particularly effective however I proceeded to demonstrate that despite their limitations they provide a better barrier in theory and therefore are likely to be more effective at stopping the spread than taking people's temperature.

If you flip flop like that you'll just make yourself look even more ridiculous than you already do. Some feat by the way.

I never claimed to be a doctor, you're the one that seems able to diagnose illnesses, or lack of them, simply by listening to the steamie gossip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)