+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Palmer Signs

Detail, detail, detail making the (potential) new signings seem wanted and known by our young Head Coach.

Oh and plan for both the club and the individual player.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Hey, don’t get carried away. Let me be the first to say that they need time to gel.
    You do what you think is best mate but I'm putting a bet on them winning it, I don't see why not as we've as good a chance as any other top team, are signing good players for this level (taking some from other rivals for the top) and I believe we have a top manager for this level plus I think Doyle is actually a great fit for AM. All the other teams have to gel as well and some with new managers as well and it's high time we said we're Notts County and we're not here to be ****ed about with anymore. This is the season.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    You do what you think is best mate but I'm putting a bet on them winning it, I don't see why not as we've as good a chance as any other top team, are signing good players for this level (taking some from other rivals for the top) and I believe we have a top manager for this level plus I think Doyle is actually a great fit for AM. All the other teams have to gel as well and some with new managers as well and it's high time we said we're Notts County and we're not here to be ****ed about with anymore. This is the season.
    Hey crazyfists we agree on something, I think we have to be Billy big b0llocks next season and try to steamroller sides

IB's managerial career in Scandinavia is nothing to write home about.
    If he is to get Notts promoted, he needs to win more games than he loses, something he has never done before.

Naturally I really want him to improve on that record, get Notts promoted and move on to a bigger club as a result of that success.

Parkinson, Johnson, Hurst have better records re promotion (so does Ardley), so it's going to be tough, but the signs in the latter part of last season are good.

Love this CF. Stick to your guns, we should be in real contention this time around.

Any club that doesn't have to gel hasn't changed the squad that failed last season enough in my eyes. I think we've got it about right, kept a good core and added some promising looking signings.

I too believe we have a top manager and given time I believe will bring us promotion. Although if we start slow or have a particularly bad month I fully expect the NCM pendulum to swing and mass panic to spread like a virus amongst a section of our fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    IB's managerial career in Scandinavia is nothing to write home about.
    If he is to get Notts promoted, he needs to win more games than he loses, something he has never done before.

Naturally I really want him to improve on that record, get Notts promoted and move on to a bigger club as a result of that success.

Parkinson, Johnson, Hurst have better records re promotion (so does Ardley), so it's going to be tough, but the signs in the latter part of last season are good.

It's probably wrong to compare IB's record in Scandanavia to what he needs to achieve here. He was under immense financial constraints at one of those clubs yet still managed to record the clubs highest ever position in the league. He was so popular when he left his last job the fans had a leaving party for him!

That said we have to temper our enthusiasm a little, there are too many good managers and competitive clubs in this league for us to get carried away. One thing is for sure, with IB we won't die wondering!

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Hey crazyfists we agree on something, I think we have to be Billy big b0llocks next season and try to steamroller sides
    Ha ha I'm sure we'd get along fine mate and yeah you're right, personally I'm sick of this tippy tappy nonsense we've put up with. I'm well aware there are good teams in this league and they'll be tight games but there is also alot of dross who we should be spanking 4-0. I think with the players we've retained, the ones we've added and under IB, I think we're going to be a nightmare to play against. We've also got Roberts coming back who even at 80% is too good for this league. All we need is another quick striker and maybe a full back and I think we've got a great squad.

In regards to IB's managerial career, I'm glad he's managed teams with large attendances and pressure games in a top league. I can only judge on what I've seen but tactically he's far above what I've seen at Notts for some time. After the game you actually think he's watched the same one as you and during the game he makes positive changes to take the game to the opposition. The style of play improved ten fold and some players like Rodders, Chicksen and even Reeves had a new lease of life under him. The reports of his training from players who have seen alot is really positive and one of the reasons people want to sign.

The owners are getting young, hopefully decent talent that can take us up through the league and have a sell on value to refresh the squad again when they leave.

Personally I'm really excited for the new season and am confident we'll do the business although hate the promotion system, it's crap.

COYP

I looked at the odds… for me if you want to pop a decent wedge on I would back 4 bets. Let’s say a grand… so

1/2 on top seven - £700 - returns 1050
    8/1 winners - £100 returns £900
    2/1 on top 3 - £100 returns £300
    7/2 on promotion - £100 returns £450

These are bet365 with zero research. Top 7 as above covers your overall bet. Winning the title would return at odds of under 2/1 overall based on covering all 4 options above. To me top 7 is nailed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I looked at the odds… for me if you want to pop a decent wedge on I would back 4 bets. Let’s say a grand… so

1/2 on top seven - £700 - returns 1050
    8/1 winners - £100 returns £900
    2/1 on top 3 - £100 returns £300
    7/2 on promotion - £100 returns £450

These are bet365 with zero research. Top 7 as above covers your overall bet. Winning the title would return at odds of under 2/1 overall based on covering all 4 options above. To me top 7 is nailed on.
    Cheers mate, good info saves me a job ha ha.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast