+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Palmer Signs

I got 14/1 on top spot with Sky Bet a few weeks ago. Wish I'd put a bit more on now after all these decent signings. Haven't felt as confident about a new season for years (even allowing that I'm always confident until at least half time in the first game of the season... Eastleigh, Dover...!)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    You do what you think is best mate but I'm putting a bet on them winning it, I don't see why not as we've as good a chance as any other top team, are signing good players for this level (taking some from other rivals for the top) and I believe we have a top manager for this level plus I think Doyle is actually a great fit for AM. All the other teams have to gel as well and some with new managers as well and it's high time we said we're Notts County and we're not here to be ****ed about with anymore. This is the season.
    I’m actually quite confident at the moment. I’m just surprised that I haven’t (yet) seen post after post about gelling.

I don’t expect us to have our own way all the time, but we really should have enough to beat Dover ...

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    I’m actually quite confident at the moment. I’m just surprised that I haven’t (yet) seen post after post about gelling.

I don’t expect us to have our own way all the time, but we really should have enough to beat Dover ...
    Depends on the Flymo settings.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    it's high time we said we're Notts County and we're not here to be ****ed about with anymore. This is the season.
    This, COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I looked at the odds… for me if you want to pop a decent wedge on I would back 4 bets. Let’s say a grand… so

1/2 on top seven - £700 - returns 1050
    8/1 winners - £100 returns £900
    2/1 on top 3 - £100 returns £300
    7/2 on promotion - £100 returns £450

These are bet365 with zero research. Top 7 as above covers your overall bet. Winning the title would return at odds of under 2/1 overall based on covering all 4 options above. To me top 7 is nailed on.
    Interesting, and as always my advice is to do the research because all of those odds can be bettered elsewhere. The one bet that has tempted me is Skybet's very generous 5/6 on a top 7 finish, because others are going as short as 4/9. I'm not as confident as some about our chances of winning it, but it will be a major failure if we finish out of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    IB's managerial career in Scandinavia is nothing to write home about.
    If he is to get Notts promoted, he needs to win more games than he loses, something he has never done before.

Naturally I really want him to improve on that record, get Notts promoted and move on to a bigger club as a result of that success.

Parkinson, Johnson, Hurst have better records re promotion (so does Ardley), so it's going to be tough, but the signs in the latter part of last season are good.
    He won more games than he lost with us last season and salvaged something of a train wreck of a season with us playing very badly under negative Neal and then losing his assistant. We played some great stuff towards the end of the season with the nucleus of the squad we will have next season and have made very competent additions. I'm confident on the basis that we adpot the same tactics and style of play which I am sure we will. Of course like all teams we need a little luck with injuries and I think that is what I am most worried about.

On the betting front as well, 28-1 on RR being top goalscorer seems reasonable odds to me, given he got 11 from 26 last season, and only played 90 mins in a handful of those, plus if he becomes the club penalty taker, I could see him coming quite close given that I think he will play a more advanced roll. As you say EP, 5/6 on a top seven seems very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    He won more games than he lost with us last season and salvaged something of a train wreck of a season with us playing very badly under negative Neal and then losing his assistant. We played some great stuff towards the end of the season with the nucleus of the squad we will have next season and have made very competent additions. I'm confident on the basis that we adpot the same tactics and style of play which I am sure we will. Of course like all teams we need a little luck with injuries and I think that is what I am most worried about.
    I don't think that losing his assistant should be seen as a problem to overcome but one of the best things that happened for him.

Agree with the 5/6 being very generous.

Thanks Elite for spotting that one just stuck £120 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post

Yeah we've got a good opening 3 games. I think we've been too used to NA's safety first tactics and we've forgotten who we are and what we're all about. I expect teams to dread coming to ML or even dread us coming to their place, it's high time we sorted some of these teams out properly. They should be more worried about what we're going to do to them than the other way round. I think with the managers tactical awareness and the quality of player we'll have for this level, we're going to be a nightmare for teams.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast