+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Matt Palmer Signs

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Tempted to double my bet on Top 7 but it's shortened to best price 8/11 when I last looked.
    Gutted to have missed the 5/6, was just sorting out a new mortgage . I still think 28-1 about Rodrigues finishing top scorer is worth a cheeky pound. After being left out by Burchnall initially, from when he was given a sustained run in the side playing full 90 minutes, he scored 7 goals in the last 10 games. (2 of theses were penalties). If he were to continue as penalty taker this coming season, multiply this by total by four and you get a healthy 28 from 40.

I still think 8/11 is still a good price for Top 7. Anyone already on the Burchnall Bandwagon who believes in our head coach and likes a bet should snap that up IMO. It would wrong not to

Put money on an 8/11 shot and wait best part of 10 months for a possible return? That is not my idea of good punting and is hardly confidence in motion.

Are you in a rush pal, or plan in disappearing in the next 10 months? Because last time I checked there was no rule against doing season long bets and also betting daily or weekly on sports

So what's your idea of 'good punting(?)' I'm all ears?

Oh and putting that level of stake on Notts is without doubt "confidence in motion" and seems a great bet to me. Would be very poor form to be on the Burchnall Bandwagon from day one and not show my support with a good wager.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Are you in a rush pal, or plan in disappearing in the next 10 months? Because last time I checked there was no rule against doing season long bets and also betting daily or weekly on sports

So what's your idea of 'good punting(?)' I'm all ears?

Oh and putting that level of stake on Notts is without doubt "confidence in motion" and seems a great bet to me. Would be very poor form to be on the Burchnall Bandwagon from day one and not show my support with a good wager.
    At this low level we are operating in nowadays there are no well punted bets. No transfer window, constant managerial changes and in our case extremely demanding and oft fickle supporters makes us a team to steer well clear of punting wise. There will be huge pressure and from what im reading expectation on our team. That together with a £10 bet will Yield a profit of just over £7 in 10 months time doesnt interest me. In relation to your point about punting throughout the season in that respect you have a point. Wait till we lose 3 on the bounce and our odds will extend as they did and one point last season.
    My idea of a good bet you ask?
    Stevenage top 7 in Div 2 @ 11/2
    Doncaster top 7 in Div 1 @ 9/2

We will have to agree to disagree on the lower leagues and non league as a bad place to bet, they are rightly neglected by many bookies with big variances on odds offered.

I think the 5/6 I got is fantastic value tbh, but even at slightly shorter the question you have to ask yourself if you like to gamble is will Notts finish Top 7, yes or no? I say yes.

Sorry I didn't realise your stake would only be a tenner, in that case I agree an almost pointless bet at that level of stake. £100 on the other hand is a different story.

With bank interest rates at such pitiful levels I'm very happy with the yield on offer.

Thanks for the Div 1 and 2 tips, Donny make interest me in a small wager.

No bet's a sure thing obviously but Notts in the top seven should pretty much nailed on so any profit is good, 2 pounds, 7 pounds, 400 pounds, it all counts. It's also called just having abit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Put money on an 8/11 shot and wait best part of 10 months for a possible return? That is not my idea of good punting and is hardly confidence in motion.
    Isn’t it a roughly 70% return for a medium to high risk investment?

Good luck on getting a deal like that anywhere else.

Kelton, just out of interest, would you put £11 pounds on a bet returning £8, just 90 minutes later.
    I am not sure what you mean by confidence in motion, and bewildered by it not being good punting, any bet that makes a profit, has to be good punting, surely.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345