+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Does anybody care whether the Olympics is on or off?

OT Does anybody care whether the Olympics is on or off?

When a man can win a woman's event "officially" endorsed by the Olympic committee, it is beyond a joke and lost all credibility.Once again a small number within the officialdom seem to have the power to politicise a tournament.Apart from the vast number of sports correspondents from the mainstream media channels looking forward to a paid holiday in Tokyo,I've not spoken to anybody who cares a sod about it.

It's a jolly boys outing

Time for it to fade away

Yes Tokyo.

I’ve always watched some of this, some events are entertaining but this year I’ve just no interest what so ever.
    Probably down to this pandemic and just want the season to start

I didn't even no that the gb women's footie team played last night ..
    Regarding THE OLYMPICS i don't care whether its on off or never happens again .But its something to watch on tv i suppose

I’m surprised it’s still going ahead. Most of the Japanese people don’t want it. In my opinion it’s downright irresponsible getting all the athletes from all over the world in one place in a city where cases are on the rise and the vaccination rate is very low in comparison to here.
    Loads of positive tests are being seen. Moreover it will be taken back to their own countries. A super spreader worldwide event like this should not be allowed to take place when effectively only about 7 or 8 countries have a reasonable vaccination rate.
    I feel sorry for the athletes as they build their careers to a defined event like this and is the pinnacle of their careers. Many will not get a chance again, but there is a major health risk, there will be no spectators a truncated opening ceremony and for the athletes they are only allowed in 5 days before their event then are shipped out again in a couple of days. This means not being able to take part in the opening and closing ceremonies.

It is a people’s event with no people there.

Some officials were even saying yesterday that the games could still be cancelled.

I love the Olympics but without the fans in stadiums it is nothing. They should have knocked it back two or three years or cancelled it altogether. Most of the talk would not be about who won a gold medal, it would be about how many deaths or serious illness there have been off the back of it.

Cases are still rising here even though many of our population has been double jabbed. Think about those countries who don’t have anywhere near that level and the potential for spreading is increased even further without any means to do anything about it. Then there are possibilities of further, more resistant variations.

I am sure the competitors who get medals will be happy and correctly lauded, but at what cost?

Can any of the competitors really say they were the best in the world if some of their rivals aren't there due to the virus.
    There's always going to be injuries but this olympiad isn't right as others have said

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    It was last night in Japan but it kicked off at 8:30am this morning UK time. The vast majority of it will happen when we'e all in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Regarding THE OLYMPICS i don't care whether its on off or never happens again .But its something to watch on tv i suppose
    They won 2-0,big shock USA world champions lost 3-0 to Sweden. It’s all about the money not sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    They won 2-0,big shock USA world champions lost 3-0 to Sweden. It’s all about the money not sport.
    Indeed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast