+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Davis not showing much faith ?

Paul Davis not showing much faith ?

All the local scribes from the 24 division one clubs have penned their predictions for the coming season, Paul tipped us to come 10th ! Nearly all the local reporters of the big teams backed their teams for promotion ! Including the Sheffield Star man backing Wednesday. We did get backed for promotion from seven other journalists , but not Paul. So he his either a very astute and knowledgeable scribe or he needs a massive injection of optimism ?

Any idea when they all made their predictions? If it was, say, monday, then we have since brought in 3 new players, which would most likely change his opinion, however if it has been in the last couple of days then I would be a little disappointed with his assessment. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Any idea when they all made their predictions? If it was, say, monday, then we have since brought in 3 new players, which would most likely change his opinion, however if it has been in the last couple of days then I would be a little disappointed with his assessment. UTM
    Don’t know it was in the Rotherham Advertiser yesterday, I assume all the other journalists made their predictions at a similar time, for example Wednesday have brought in three players this week like us.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Don’t know it was in the Rotherham Advertiser yesterday, I assume all the other journalists made their predictions at a similar time, for example Wednesday have brought in three players this week like us.
    It would seem as though Paul Davies is playing it cool that's for sure MILLERSTALE. Even before we got these 3 in, I thought the team we started with against Newcastle was a really good team for div 1 but we looked a little lightweight from the bench, so these 3 that have come in this week will make us a really competitive squad, which most certainly has given me renewed hope of a play off push.
    However, as has been mentioned on other threads, we only need one or 2 of our players to go somewhere else before the end of August and all this weeks incomings could be undone, so fingers crossed. UTM

He was very uppity on twitter at people questioning his jumping the gun on the Rathbone signing. He blamed a colleague and then said that non journos wouldn't understand the complexities of releasing stories.

When asked anything he used to answer. But recently he just tells people it is in the paper.

The club has told the Tiser to feck off before, I'd do it again if I was TS.

Always found Paul honest with his reporting. Yes he got some egg on his face with the Oliver Rathbone report but, in all innocence he had wrote his piece on this in readiness for the signing being announced. he left his story in a digital holding queue but someone hit the publication button by accident. Total human error and not his fault.

Give the guy a break, we've all made mistakes in life so don't hang him out to dry. As for his prediction on where he feels we will finish is his prerogative. Whether some see this as a negative thing to print is open to debate, as some of us on here have posted on other threads being close to Paul's prediction. As for the other journalists posting 'we'll get promoted' stories, that's also their preogative but very bold of them to do so.

Should we finish higher than 10th then he'll receive the feedback accordingly and, should he get it right, he's not the type of person to say 'I told you so'. I recall his return to the Tizer and a lot of praise came his way and rightly so, as he delivers honest and truthful reporting.

Final note is I don't blame Paul for the 20p pay and see the story the Tizer now charges etc, it's all about moving on with the times, and no not that paper.

NB. Maybe when Warney sees Paul's prediction he'll have it enlarged and post it in the dressing room to make sure the team see it all the time just to remind them they are better than that.
    Last edited by Brin; 06-08-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Just a journalist doing his job, he was right about Rathbone wasn't he ?
    You have to pay to view lots of papers these days, cut the guy some slack.

Paul is a top fan and I’ve previously stated that it does him no favours, maybe he’s trying not to be bias

In this weeks paper they've also accidentally revealed another signing. On the back page it says we've agreed a deal for an unnamed young left back, but inside on the article about Ben Wiles it says we've already signed left back Tolaji Bola.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Always found Paul honest with his reporting. Yes he got some egg on his face with the Oliver Rathbone report but, in all innocence he had wrote his piece on this in readiness for the signing being announced. he left his story in a digital holding queue but someone hit the publication button by accident. Total human error and not his fault.

Give the guy a break, we've all made mistakes in life so don't hang him out to dry. As for his prediction on where he feels we will finish is his prerogative. Whether some see this as a negative thing to print is open to debate, as some of us on here have posted on other threads being close to Paul's prediction. As for the other journalists posting 'we'll get promoted' stories, that's also their preogative but very bold of them to do so.

Should we finish higher than 10th then he'll receive the feedback accordingly and, should he get it right, he's not the type of person to say 'I told you so'. I recall his return to the Tizer and a lot of praise came his way and rightly so, as he delivers honest and truthful reporting.

Final note is I don't blame Paul for the 20p pay and see the story the Tizer now charges etc, it's all about moving on with the times, and no not that paper.

NB. Maybe when Warney sees Paul's prediction he'll have it enlarged and post it in the dressing room to make sure the team see it all the time just to remind them they are better than that.
    If you believe that tripe about a digital holding queue you will believe anything.
    DHQs are used for high demand ticket sales or exclusive releases.
    Not for 3rd division football news. That’s what “save as” is for on every computer.

I’d have preferred him just to say it was an honest mistake than try to blame someone else and a system that isn’t fit for that purpose.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast