+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: v Sheep (a)

that is true but in terms of getting more attacking/creative players in the team to then service Shankland the 343 would be best suited Imo. Allows us to play 2 from Clark, Pawlett, Chalmers, Mochrie, Glass (if fit), Appere, Sporle etc. More freedom and more likely to create something.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    that is true but in terms of getting more attacking/creative players in the team to then service Shankland the 343 would be best suited Imo. Allows us to play 2 from Clark, Pawlett, Chalmers, Mochrie, Glass (if fit), Appere, Sporle etc. More freedom and more likely to create something.
    I do agree with you. Shankland plays better up on his own, so he can move between the defenders. Chalmers is more suited to that too. Clark is probably better suited to 2 up front. Mochrie is maybe better playing in behind two strikers, think you lose something when he has to go centre to wide/wide to centre. At least there are some options for both systems

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I think playing either 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 we still need someone who can pass to play alongside Fuchs in the midfield
    Agreed. We have held the ball best and looked to create well when Fuchs Mochrie and Hoti played together. Hoti has dig and creativity. Much as I like Mochrie and Hoti they're both inexperienced in the Premiership so we need to add in midfield to give them time to develop as first team regulars.

I think considering we don't have any natural wingers and the fact we have about 40 CB's, a back 3 system is probably best suited to what we currently have available. If we had at least one natural winger on the books then I reckon we would be best suited for a 4231 or something similar.

I do however think the 343 is the best currently. Chalmers, Pawlett, Mochrie, Glass, Sporle, Clark or Appere can all play behind Shankland in roles that suits them better.

That's a fair argument. Just feel that against Brechin and Elgin although it was 343, the 2 supporting shankland got close to him a lot of the time. In all the other games he's looked very isolated with nobody to connect with. In the second half of the Elgin game, even after Shanks went off, Clark, Pawlett, mochrie and hoti played some terrific one touch stuff. I know it was only Elgin, but it's strange that we did it so effortlessly in that game, yet we've looked so turgid and predictable in the other cup games.

The last time we kicked off against the Sheep at Pittodrie we won 3-0, and similar to then they will be coming off the back at European tie, so a similar hangover would be nice. I fancy us to get something, maybe a 1-1, with Alex Nichols scoring a 35 yard wonder goal to crown his second debut.

We have nothing to fear against the sheep shagging *******s. They couldn't lay a glove on us last season, they are ****e. Couldn't even score a goal against us. Our defence will be key again this season. Edwards and Mulgrew will be better than most of the teams around us have. Shankland if he stays would also walk into every team bar the uglies, Siegrist too. Fuchs is a class player and I'm excited to see what a run in the team can do for Chalmers, Mochrie and Freeman. I also still expect us to make signings, although even I would like some movement on this to be imminent just to give us all something else to talk about instead of all the bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    We have nothing to fear against the sheep shagging *******s. They couldn't lay a glove on us last season, they are ****e. Couldn't even score a goal against us. Our defence will be key again this season. Edwards and Mulgrew will be better than most of the teams around us have. Shankland if he stays would also walk into every team bar the uglies, Siegrist too. Fuchs is a class player and I'm excited to see what a run in the team can do for Chalmers, Mochrie and Freeman. I also still expect us to make signings, although even I would like some movement on this to be imminent just to give us all something else to talk about instead of all the bickering.
    Well when you put it like that then I'm expecting nothing less than to be playing Europa league qualifiers this time next year........in fact Rodders this time next year we'll be millionaires

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Well when you put it like that then I'm expecting nothing less than to be playing Europa league qualifiers this time next year........in fact Rodders this time next year we'll be millionaires
    Plonker! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    What's your score prediction?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)