+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: v Sheep (a)

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Its tombola time again isn't it.
    I know the team I'd send out but guessing Tams is the tricky bit 😁

My selection.. .kind of fluid front 6

................Benji
    ..Mulgrew Edwards Reynolds
    ...............Fuchs
    Freeman Hoti Mochrie Robson
    ....Chalmers
    ...................Shankland

5 Academy graduates hopefully that meets the bar 😎

What I think we will get from Tam

Benji
    Mulgrew Edwards Reynolds
    L Smith Butcher Pawlett Harkes Robson
    Shankland Clark

Prediction my team 1-1
    Prediction Tams team 2-0
    Not bad even though I say it myself 😎

If he thinks this is our best 11 (minus Fuchs) it worries me.

I'll stick with my 2-0 prediction and really hope to be wrong.

C'mon United 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yet some on here would have you believe the old boys are only acting as a standby in case the kids are no use. Not a kid in the first 11. 😂
    Yeah I did think that could be one reason we've retained players that should have been away but worse still TC thinks most of these retained players should be first choice today.

Missing Fuchs (knock) and obviously McNulty from April's win more defensive formation today unfortunately, still enough there to compete well but do wonder where we create from

Come on Utd!

Do we need to register on redtv to watch the match?

Cannie believe that line up TBH,nae young lads,nae Chalmers.

Disappointed not to see Freeman in the team but I guess a tough opening day fixture calls for experienced heads. Still hoping we can get a result though. Shankland header from a Mulgrew free kick to snatch the points please 🙏

Pretty much the same players as last season with wing backs, with Mullgrew in for Fuchs, bit uninspiring tbh, but hoping we can grind out a result.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Missing Fuchs (knock) and obviously McNulty from April's win more defensive formation today unfortunately, still enough there to compete well but do wonder where we create from

Come on Utd!
    One of the problems with the midfield is they have proved time and time again that they lose possession too easily and then create very little as you point out there.

If we see Pawlett and Harkes have one of their good games at the same time, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Pretty much the same players as last season with wing backs, with Mullgrew in for Fuchs, bit uninspiring tbh, but hoping we can grind out a result.
    352 I think, Mulgrew at CB

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    One of the problems with the midfield is they have proved time and time again that they lose possession too easily and then create very little as you point out there.

If we see Pawlett and Harkes have one of their good games at the same time, who knows.
    The players most at risk of losing their places to the youngsters are the whole midfield and Clark,the onus is on them to perform to high standard or their toast.Hopefully they are well aware of that.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)