+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: v Sheep (a)

Mulgrew was bought with this formation in mind. Courts played it all through his Kelty managerial career. He played it in pre-season. It's clearly his preferred formation and I fear it's here to stay.

Big Tony asked a question during the Q&A sesh that DUSF attended. “Did you like what saw last season” and the replied form him was that he didn’t. What do you think about today big guy?

Tam has reiterated time and time again during close season that he wants to play football that will excite the fans. Is that what you were looking for today TC?

Seriously what the actual phuck guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Big Tony asked a question during the Q&A sesh that DUSF attended. “Did you like what saw last season” and the replied form him was that he didn’t. What do you think about today big guy?

Tam has reiterated time and time again during close season that he wants to play football that will excite the fans. Is that what you were looking for today TC?

Seriously what the actual phuck guys!!
    Seriously, today was a carbon copy of last season, but if have basically the same players, what do you expect??? Stupidity springs to mind!

You are probably right... we still need better tactics if its going to work, sitting back doing nothing wont work, need to engage the opposition, need to play Chalmers for a start, of course need 2-3 signings, pace and creativity being key..time will tell if we get them

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    You are probably right... we still need better tactics if its going to work, sitting back doing nothing wont work, need to engage the opposition, need to play Chalmers for a start, of course need 2-3 signings, pace and creativity being key..time will tell if we get them
    Honestly Shedka, that p!sses me off more, than everything else that has gone on.
    I take no satisfaction in saying “told you so”, but FFS, last season was dire, and for the new incumbent to emphasise that the football was not acceptable, but then basically replicate it today, is absolutely unnacceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    MM changed to a back four later in season it was for the better, we are regressing with this formation, hope its binned after next weekend
    There really is no point playing 3 centre halves if the Sheep lone striker is left completely unmarked in the box and the left of the 3 Reynolds is skinned alive for the cross to come in.
    Even with Reynolds being made to look foolish(these things happen)Edwards or Mulgrew should be able to deal with Ramirez and the cross into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Honestly Shedka, that p!sses me off more, than everything else that has gone on.
    I take no satisfaction in saying “told you so”, but FFS, last season was dire, and for the new incumbent to emphasise that the football was not acceptable, but then basically replicate it today, is absolutely unnacceptable!
    Completely agree.

Tam apparently thought we had the sheep hemmed in for the last 30 mins FFS Deluded

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Still think Butcher Harkes Pawlett and Clark are good enough? Anyone?
    THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

No apologies for the caps because I'm SICK of seeing this.
    I totally agree except re Butcher.

Harkes and Pawlett don’t do enough to deserve a game - WHY DO WE KEEP PLAYING THEM ??

What an underwhelming first game.

We all knew it would be a tough game as Aberdeen away is always tricky but what we witnessed today was a carry on from last season. Slow, laboured, predictable play that was so easy for Aberdeen to defend. They weren't even that good but that's how poor we were over the course of the game. Poor sloppy goals conceded and a lack of cutting edge meant we were never going to get anything from the game. A few half chances and a spell of being able to keep the ball but overall outfought by an average team.

Team Selection
    What was the team line up all about?! Spent the whole summer talking up or Youth and how we will be wanting to promote more young players into the squad. Some had impressed in the League cup then he goes and plays all the same guys which were the problem last season. It showed!! Slow, Lacking energy and enthusiasm to play the game. For me, Freeman and Chalmers should have started but instead we were stuck with the usual suspects.

Benji- poor for first goal, needs to be out for that. Didn't have too much to do in fairness
    Edwards- Play him in a 2 or as the centre of the 3 nothing else! not comfortable as the RCB in a 3!
    Mulgrew- Thought he was poor.
    Reynolds- Struggled badly.
    Smith- ok but can't play as a wing back
    Robson- How much are Lincoln wanting again?
    Butcher- Hardly noticed him once he got booked
    Harkes- Works hard but needs to be doing a lot more!!
    Pawlett- The tom daley is back
    Clark- Didn't realise he was playing
    Shankland- Thought he was beyond useless.

Chalmers- Didn't do much but at least looked interested which is saying something
    Mochrie- Similar to Chalmers
    Fuchs- At least he was able to get on the ball and play some passes.

I usually try and see the positives of our performances and look on the bright side. Fight united's corner when they get negative comments etc. but that today was beyond shocking! I couldn't believe it was the opening day of the season. First game normally has a zip and a buzz to it. This felt Lacklustre. Bullied

Big few weeks ahead

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)