+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: v Sheep (a)

v Sheep (a)

Early doors...

Your chance to predict the starting 11.
    What do you think our line up will be as chosen by Tam and what would your preferred lineup be?
    Does Tam know his best 11 after 4 LC games where nearly everyone got some game time?

A cyber case of beer to anyone who guesses his starting 11 correctly. Obviously you can amend your choice if by some miracle we have incoming.

Will we get hard earned point? Or even a win? Predictions welcome.

Line up I would go for:

Siegrist

Neilson
    Edwards
    Mulgrew

Freeman
    Fuchs
    Butcher
    Robson

Chalmers
    Mochrie
    Shankland

What line up do I expect? No idea but definitely Pawlett for Mochrie. Maybe even Butcher in the back 3 with Harkes beside Fuchs. Will be disappointed if that happens though. Neilson or K Smith should play every game we play a back 3. If it is Clark and Pawlett behind Shankland then its COURTS OUT. Jokes of course, but we wont win the game with those guys up top imo.

My prediction is 1-1.

want:

Siegrist

Neilson
    Edwards
    Mulgrew

Freeman
    Fuchs
    Butcher
    Sporle

Chalmers
    Mochrie
    Shankland

will Get:

Siegrist

Edwards
    Mulgrew
    Reynolds

Smith
    Fuchs
    Butcher
    Robson

Harkes
    Clarke
    Shankland

Want:

Siegrist
    Smith Edwards Mulgrew
    Freeman Fuchs Butcher Mochrie Duffy
    Clark Shankland

Will be:

Siegrist
    F*cknows Edwards Mulgrew
    Freeman Fuchs Butcher Pawlett Duffy
    Clark Shankland

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Line up I would go for:

Siegrist

Neilson
    Edwards
    Mulgrew

Freeman
    Fuchs
    Butcher
    Robson

Chalmers
    Mochrie
    Shankland

What line up do I expect? No idea but definitely Pawlett for Mochrie. Maybe even Butcher in the back 3 with Harkes beside Fuchs. Will be disappointed if that happens though. Neilson or K Smith should play every game we play a back 3. If it is Clark and Pawlett behind Shankland then its COURTS OUT. Jokes of course, but we wont win the game with those guys up top imo.

My prediction is 1-1.
    Its tombola time again isn't it.
    I know the team I'd send out but guessing Tams is the tricky bit 😁

My selection.. .kind of fluid front 6

................Benji
    ..Mulgrew Edwards Reynolds
    ...............Fuchs
    Freeman Hoti Mochrie Robson
    ....Chalmers
    ...................Shankland

5 Academy graduates hopefully that meets the bar 😎

What I think we will get from Tam

Benji
    Mulgrew Edwards Reynolds
    L Smith Butcher Pawlett Harkes Robson
    Shankland Clark

Prediction my team 1-1
    Prediction Tams team 2-0

I would go for......

Benji
    L.Smith Edwards Mulgrew
    Freeman Fuchs Butcher Robson
    Pawlett Shankland Chalmers

For some reason I think we might throw Keir Smith in to start with but I can see Freeman moving to LWB esp if Robson isn't ready/Gone

If we're going to persist with the 3 at the back nonsense, then it's got to change to 352. 343 is utter ****e. Shankland looks just as lost as last season under this stupid system. Mellon persisted with 3 (its really 1) up front all the way through last season's garbage. If we want to keep the ball in the opposition half you have to have 2 strikers close enough to each other, in a central area, to be able to pass the ball to each other. Let the wing backs have something to aim at when (if) they hit the byline.

352 was what we done under mellon. Clark or Pawlett would being the link player from midfield to Shankland and McNulty but would usually drop back to be a 3 man midfield

343 if done correctly can be effective (look at what st johnstone done, Although they did mix it up)

................Benji
    ...L. Smith Edwards Mulgrew
    Freeman........................Robson
    .....Fuchs...........new player
    ..............Mochrie
    .....new big b4stard forrit...Shanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanny14 View Post
    If we're going to persist with the 3 at the back nonsense, then it's got to change to 352. 343 is utter ****e. Shankland looks just as lost as last season under this stupid system. Mellon persisted with 3 (its really 1) up front all the way through last season's garbage. If we want to keep the ball in the opposition half you have to have 2 strikers close enough to each other, in a central area, to be able to pass the ball to each other. Let the wing backs have something to aim at when (if) they hit the byline.
    Have you watched the games?

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)