+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feeling positive about the season ?

Yes indeed. The last few years have been very busy for me culminating in a move to vancouver a month ago. I think i will stick with the name though!

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    If Valerian can get Barnsley into the playoffs, think what he can do with our squad? I like the guy's "no passengers" attitude and I like the way he wants to press other teams and not let them play...
    Yes how dare he get little old Barnsley into the Play offs ehh lol. He surprised a lot of people in doing that.
    I/we liked his attitude as well and he really does like to keep it strict, he won't let players mess him about.
    I'm interested for obvious reasons of course, just what he and Alex Mowatt do with your club this season.
    How long are you all willing to give him though, if the results don't start well and if they don't improve either ?.

It’s not about how long we, the supporters, will give him, it’s down to the runt in China; I don’t think that any of us will be happy until he, and any other Chinese hangers on, are gone for good out of our club.

FOL

My gut instinct say's we will be there or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes how dare he get little old Barnsley into the Play offs ehh lol. He surprised a lot of people in doing that.
    I/we liked his attitude as well and he really does like to keep it strict, he won't let players mess him about.
    I'm interested for obvious reasons of course, just what he and Alex Mowatt do with your club this season.
    How long are you all willing to give him though, if the results don't start well and if they don't improve either ?.
    Rome wasn't built in a day and we have had too many coaches in the last few years.
    By giving him a four year deal and paying compensation say's that this is the one we want, especially when we could have had Wilder for free.

No goals in the team its a long hard season , desperately need more fire power ,

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Rome wasn't built in a day and we have had too many coaches in the last few years.
    By giving him a four year deal and paying compensation say's that this is the one we want, especially when we could have had Wilder for free.
    Agree but too many of our fans forget this as soon a we start to struggle. So many of all forums over the last 5 years or so have heightened the pressure on the Manager and owners. From the outside, and for many of us who support the club also, we are seen as fans who think we are bigger than we are and our expectations are not realistic.

Yes we have given him a 4 year deal which does show commitment from the club so let’s hope he stays for the 4 years, at least. Are we going to run away with the Championship this year - probably not, but if we don’t and even if we don’t get up this year, let’s get behind him for at least 2 full seasons minimum.

Can I see that happening, no! If we are not promoted this year I forecast now, many on here and elsewhere, will be demanding a new Manager. If he manages to survive that storm will he last 2 seasons, if he doesn’t get us up in the second year? I really doubt it.

As a group we have become very fickle, yes some will say it is because they are ambitious. Well so are everyone else. All want to do well but not all can do so at the same time. No matter what, through thick and thin, we will still support our club. It is so much bigger than the people who presently own and play for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Agree but too many of our fans forget this as soon a we start to struggle. So many of all forums over the last 5 years or so have heightened the pressure on the Manager and owners. From the outside, and for many of us who support the club also, we are seen as fans who think we are bigger than we are and our expectations are not realistic.

Yes we have given him a 4 year deal which does show commitment from the club so let’s hope he stays for the 4 years, at least. Are we going to run away with the Championship this year - probably not, but if we don’t and even if we don’t get up this year, let’s get behind him for at least 2 full seasons minimum.

Can I see that happening, no! If we are not promoted this year I forecast now, many on here and elsewhere, will be demanding a new Manager. If he manages to survive that storm will he last 2 seasons, if he doesn’t get us up in the second year? I really doubt it.

As a group we have become very fickle, yes some will say it is because they are ambitious. Well so are everyone else. All want to do well but not all can do so at the same time. No matter what, through thick and thin, we will still support our club. It is so much bigger than the people who presently own and play for the team.

I agree and disagree with your post! The manager can only do so much and I have been so far impressed with Val. Will I get on his back if we start badly! No as he can only do so
    much with very average players! I never got on the back of Pulis despite the parking of the bus because whilst you want your club to entertain - points are the most important aspect!

Fickle!! If no players are added to the squad how can supporters who shout be called fickle! Where will the parachute money go? Where will the money from Johnstone and Pereira go?

West Brom have always lacked ambition and it’s a fact Peace asset stripped the club for his own gain rightly or wrongly! Now we have a useless little t wat who clearly wants to sell up but hopes to get back in the Premier on a shoe string!

Trouble with too many West Brom supporters they have lambasted the managers without saying boo to the root of the problem - the owners! Other clubs supporters protest at the running of their clubs but not the good old West Brom supporters!

So if we add no decent players and the parachute money/money from two best players is not reinvested - yes of course I will shout!! My shouting won’t be at the manager but at the W anker in China!

In life you get what you invest! It’s a fact with any business!
    Last edited by baggieal; 23-07-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree and disagree with your post! The manager can only do so much and I have been so far impressed with Val. Will I get on his back if we start badly! No as he can only do so
    much with very average players! I never got on the back of Pulis despite the parking of the bus because whilst you want your club to entertain - points are the most important aspect!

Fickle!! If no players are added to the squad how can supporters who shout be called fickle! Where will the parachute money go? Where will the money from Johnstone and Pereira go?

West Brom have always lacked ambition and it’s a fact Peace asset stripped the club for his own gain rightly or wrongly! Now we have a useless little t wat who clearly wants to sell up but hopes to get back in the Premier on a shoe string!

Trouble with too many West Brom supporters they have lambasted the managers without saying boo to the root of the problem - the owners! Only clubs protest but not the good old West Brom supporters!

So if we add no decent players and the parachute money/money from two best players is not reinvested - yes of course I will shout!! My shouting won’t be at the manager but at the W anker in China!
    I think we agree Al.

I am saying give the Manager a chance. He can only manage what he is given. Yes he can push hard to get what he wants and hopefully he does that. However, he doesn’t have the final say. Let’s give him a decent go, and stick behind him for at least 2 years and hopefully more.

Unfortunately football business is what it is. The vast majority of owners (if not all) are there to make money, simple as, especially overseas owners. Whilst I wish we had a different owner I only have to look up the road at Newcastle to see that it is one heck of a challenge for supporters to change the owner if they don’t like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Check the Mick O’meter, within 2 weeks he will either be the new messiah or will have to go! 😀

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)