+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feeling positive about the season ?

Any manager is at risk of getting the blame for a bad owner.

They are the public face of the ownership and the obvious target for supporters.

Val will be gone before the clocks change.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree and disagree with your post! The manager can only do so much and I have been so far impressed with Val. Will I get on his back if we start badly! No as he can only do so
    much with very average players! I never got on the back of Pulis despite the parking of the bus because whilst you want your club to entertain - points are the most important aspect!

Fickle!! If no players are added to the squad how can supporters who shout be called fickle! Where will the parachute money go? Where will the money from Johnstone and Pereira go?

West Brom have always lacked ambition and it’s a fact Peace asset stripped the club for his own gain rightly or wrongly! Now we have a useless little t wat who clearly wants to sell up but hopes to get back in the Premier on a shoe string!

Trouble with too many West Brom supporters they have lambasted the managers without saying boo to the root of the problem - the owners! Other clubs supporters protest at the running of their clubs but not the good old West Brom supporters!

So if we add no decent players and the parachute money/money from two best players is not reinvested - yes of course I will shout!! My shouting won’t be at the manager but at the W anker in China!

In life you get what you invest! It’s a fact with any business!
    In a nutshell.

I think I am right in stating that Bilic was given 2 years to get us promoted and he did it in the first year so based on that I would think Val would be given at least 2 possibly 3 years to get us up with a side that could compete with at least the bottom half of the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Agree but too many of our fans forget this as soon a we start to struggle. So many of all forums over the last 5 years or so have heightened the pressure on the Manager and owners. From the outside, and for many of us who support the club also, we are seen as fans who think we are bigger than we are and our expectations are not realistic.

Yes we have given him a 4 year deal which does show commitment from the club so let’s hope he stays for the 4 years, at least. Are we going to run away with the Championship this year - probably not, but if we don’t and even if we don’t get up this year, let’s get behind him for at least 2 full seasons minimum.

Can I see that happening, no! If we are not promoted this year I forecast now, many on here and elsewhere, will be demanding a new Manager. If he manages to survive that storm will he last 2 seasons, if he doesn’t get us up in the second year? I really doubt it.

As a group we have become very fickle, yes some will say it is because they are ambitious. Well so are everyone else. All want to do well but not all can do so at the same time. No matter what, through thick and thin, we will still support our club. It is so much bigger than the people who presently own and play for the team.
    Spot on Yarmbaggie. Some do not like successful people, some don’t like being 4th in a league of 24 teams. Some wanted a wealthy owner and welcomed the wealthy man from China and now don’t want him at the club. Other never wanted the wealthy owner from China but we’re were cast as having no ambition.

Some should be very careful of what they wish for! At the end of the day let’s hope we all get some enjoyment from this coming season. It has to be better than the last one, surely!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Spot on Yarmbaggie. Some do not like successful people, some don’t like being 4th in a league of 24 teams. Some wanted a wealthy owner and welcomed the wealthy man from China and now don’t want him at the club. Other never wanted the wealthy owner from China but we’re were cast as having no ambition.

Some should be very careful of what they wish for! At the end of the day let’s hope we all get some enjoyment from this coming season. It has to be better than the last one, surely!

Some might be more optimistic if the parachute money plus Pereira/Johnstone money is reinvested especially as the wage bill must be a hell of a lot lighter than last season! It’s not much to ask as it’s called ambition!

Some may voice concern at the manager who has started impressively but some can’t expect him to work with no strength in depth with so many players leaving and no money to be reinvested!

Some might make do with Livermore and Sawyers again and a goal scorer lacking since Gayle left! If so those ‘some’ must be deluded!

Supporters aren’t stupid though apart from a few die hards and will demonstrate fiercely if the club they love falls to pieces at the seams because of some t osser in China who thought a football club was a toy but now he knows he was robbed by the price he paid!

Val seems a decent guy and will get my 100% support but unless we have a squad to compete I will protest like there is no tomorrow to try and get rid of the owner. I love the club and go to most matches so won’t let it fall to pieces at the seams and don’t think many others will too who pay good money!

Don’t expect 10 million plus players but do expect a team to compete for promotion with the parachute money/Pereira/Johnstone money
    especially with so many player outgoings and a sky high salary paid that was paid to Fat Sam which will be a hell of a lot lower than the one Val agreed for sure!
    Last edited by baggieal; 23-07-2021 at 05:30 PM.

If we’re not in the promotion hunt at Christmas val will be gone

Wouldn’t it be nice if by Christmas Lai was gone? Can but hope.

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Wouldn’t it be nice if by Christmas Lai was gone? Can but hope.

FOL
    Covid will be gone before the runt!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Some might be more optimistic if the parachute money plus Pereira/Johnstone money is reinvested especially as the wage bill must be a hell of a lot lighter than last season! It’s not much to ask as it’s called ambition!

Some may voice concern at the manager who has started impressively but some can’t expect him to work with no strength in depth with so many players leaving and no money to be reinvested!

Some might make do with Livermore and Sawyers again and a goal scorer lacking since Gayle left! If so those ‘some’ must be deluded!

Supporters aren’t stupid though apart from a few die hards and will demonstrate fiercely if the club they love falls to pieces at the seams because of some t osser in China who thought a football club was a toy but now he knows he was robbed by the price he paid!

Val seems a decent guy and will get my 100% support but unless we have a squad to compete I will protest like there is no tomorrow to try and get rid of the owner. I love the club and go to most matches so won’t let it fall to pieces at the seams and don’t think many others will too who pay good money!

Don’t expect 10 million plus players but do expect a team to compete for promotion with the parachute money/Pereira/Johnstone money
    especially with so many player outgoings and a sky high salary paid that was paid to Fat Sam which will be a hell of a lot lower than the one Val agreed for sure!
    Al, we differ in many ways in our beliefs and understandings of all things West Bromwich Albion. I was content with how we progressed through the noughties. I was content with our manager (before he was sacked) when we go the playoffs in the year we lost to Villa in the play off semi’s. Some weren’t and we are where we are now because of the want of overnight success. That’s my view. You can spend all you like going to games but it makes no difference on ones point of view.

My support comes from somewhere other than the wallet. I support through other financial ways and would could say mental avenues.

Al, we differ in many ways in our beliefs and understandings of all things West Bromwich Albion. I was content with how we progressed through the noughties. I was content with our manager (before he was sacked) when we go the playoffs in the year we lost to Villa in the play off semi’s. Some weren’t and we are where we are now because of the want of overnight success. That’s my view. You can spend all you like going to games but it makes no difference on ones point of view.

My support comes from somewhere other than the wallet. I support through other financial ways and would could say mental avenues.

I agree BMG - differing views which is good. You replied to Yarm but in this thread Yarm came back and said we were singing from the same hymn. I will back our new manager to the hilt and have been impressed with him but he can only do so much as could any manager.

I would be sure the overwhelming majority want the Chinese runt out of the club quickly and here lies the problem and that’s the main point.

Villa have not suddenly turned a huge corner because of Smith and Leeds either with Bielsa - it’s the fantastic backing and investment from their respective owners.
    Last edited by baggieal; 24-07-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)