+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: At the end of the season

At the end of the season

Will we going up in 2nd place or via the playoffs or champions ?

We certainly won't go up as champions. Possibly in second place but if we do go up, it will likely be through the play-offs.

Will be amazed if we go up now.

I also think that if we go up it will be via the play-offs but actually, I don’t think that we will go up. If we do get into the play-offs, I do not expect us to win it. Is that pessimism or realism?

Realism, definitely!

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Will be amazed if we go up now.

But do you honestly think we would have gone up under Val? Do you think there would have been any supporters left? Do you think after jeering Val and ripping out seats the ones who pay the money at matches would have started blowing kisses to Val instead?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    But do you honestly think we would have gone up under Val? Do you think there would have been any supporters left? Do you think after jeering Val and ripping out seats the ones who pay the money at matches would have started blowing kisses to Val instead?
    Interesting questions. Here's the problem. I don't see why we have to go up this season when fans I talk to would like to see us build first. Ripping out seats is as much a supporter problem as it is a managers. "If we don't get what we want we are going to deface and destroy public property". (Not what I would call a normal response to disappointment). Val was supposed to be a fresh considered alternative to previous discontent. The boards lack of ambition means we have to build slowly because if we do get promoted it will only be for one season. We know this. Its how it works here.

Although I don't condone it the scenes at Millwall were probably decisive in the boards decision to get rid of Val.
    Anymore crowd trouble would have seen the club fined or even docked points.
    Only Bobby Gould created those kind of scenes previously.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Interesting questions. Here's the problem. I don't see why we have to go up this season when fans I talk to would like to see us build first. Ripping out seats is as much a supporter problem as it is a managers. "If we don't get what we want we are going to deface and destroy public property". (Not what I would call a normal response to disappointment). Val was supposed to be a fresh considered alternative to previous discontent. The boards lack of ambition means we have to build slowly because if we do get promoted it will only be for one season. We know this. Its how it works here.
    I do agree that we need a blueprint and a long-term project to stick to. I thought Val was going to be.a class appointment as he could bring that. But it became more and more evident that he wasn't right for us. To not score in so many games was appalling and the players just looked demoralised.

Bruce won't bring a project, but equally we can't just jump into a new project mid-season. I think this is why Bruce is a good short-term appointment. He'll stabilise us and leave us in a better position for the next manager...who will likely fail and then we turn to the next old English manager who plays sh*te football.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I do agree that we need a blueprint and a long-term project to stick to. I thought Val was going to be.a class appointment as he could bring that. But it became more and more evident that he wasn't right for us. To not score in so many games was appalling and the players just looked demoralised.

Bruce won't bring a project, but equally we can't just jump into a new project mid-season. I think this is why Bruce is a good short-term appointment. He'll stabilise us and leave us in a better position for the next manager...who will likely fail and then we turn to the next old English manager who plays sh*te football.
    Totally agree. Just hope your final comment is incorrect.

I for one would love a day out at Wembley again only problem is I’ve never seen us score a goal there with 2 1-0 losses

Missed Port Vale as I had an exam next day

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)