+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hundred Abortion.

The Hundred Abortion.

I watched a bit of the first Hundred cricket match tonight.

What an absolute mess and this includes the onscreen scorecard, it's enough to make you bleed through your ears.

And the fielding of the women.......absolutely pathetic, embarrassing.

But SKY and the BBC will tell us it was fantastic!

Didn’t watch it, I watch cricket, this ‘hundred’ garbage is an abomination, it’s just not cricket! Neither is T20, that is s**t too. Sadly, increasing numbers of our population don’t have the intelligence to appreciate cricket. Americans don’t understand cricket, they play rounders, they call it baseball, a game for fat burger munchers.

I had it on but couldn't get interested.Agreed the on screen graphics were appalling.MyTV is not very well adjusted and the two side bars (the most important) were unreadable so couldn't follow what was going on - Another manufactured event

I am an avid cricket follower and have been for nearly 70 years. However, I will not bring myself to watch these mercenaries ruin the good name of cricket in the pursuit of a big pay day. They do not represent a County or a Country and this is what the foundation of cricket has been built upon for over a hundred years. Similarly, I haven't watched any games from the IPL for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Didn’t watch it, I watch cricket, this ‘hundred’ garbage is an abomination, it’s just not cricket! Neither is T20, that is s**t too. Sadly, increasing numbers of our population don’t have the intelligence to appreciate cricket. Americans don’t understand cricket, they play rounders, they call it baseball, a game for fat burger munchers.
    Totally agree
    Cricket is a more nuanced game, growing up watching one team trying to work on traps and tactics for getting the batsman out in test cricket was brilliant to watch in a time when not everything required instant gratification
    There were some great matchups that I remember to this day
    One day cricket is a good game, but I’m not a fan of 20/20 it’s good if you’re there for a midweek game and a few beers
    But unfortunately cricket will probably sell out and they will play more of these shorter versions, test cricket will die out

This type of garbage should've been created as a new sport with a new name that could be played at cricket grounds.

Even to the point of having zones for scoring 8's,10's and 12's for hitting clean out of the ground.

completely colour the bats, allow alloy to be used in the bat, and increase or reduce fielders.

A completely new idea based on cricket but NOT cricket.

As for the women though, it still attracts a huge number of pot bellied dykes who lack the athleticism to make them worthy of such high profile TV slots.

Mens village green cricket is better than this dross.

Much though I love test cricket, i suspect the writing is on the wall for test cricket. Any sport has to appeal to new fans to stay alive. Five days is too long for the casual viewer, which is who you have to appeal to in order to grow or even just maintain the fan base. I am 56 years old and i suspect i have a good chance of outliving test cricket. The biggest thing to watch out for is expanding the ashes to include one day formats. Once that happens its all over for test cricket as the ashes is the one test series a lot of people still care about. Like it or not, the future is one day, and probably fewer overs rather than more.

I don’t agree.

Test Cricket is still massively popular here and will continue to be for the next 30 odd years.

The money generated by 50 over cricket and T20 will subsidise test cricket ongoing, non of the world powers will allow test cricket to end.

I know plenty of younger lads who love the longer format.

Fair enough. You would have a far better sense of it than i do here in Canada. But i also get the sense that India doesnt care about test cricket nearly as much as the one day game and from what i can tell, India is rapidly becoming the major force in international cricket in terms of popularity and money, which doesn't bode well for traditionalists . But i may be wrong -as i said, i don't exactly live in a cricket hotbed.

From what I have seen so far from The Hundred ..... I can’t see what the big difference is with T20. 100 balls v 120 balls. Different team and flashier outfits .... and I guess the women play too .... but apart from that .... unless I missing something .... it’s the same game....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)