+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a phukkin grip

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    MO has left Asghar, Bond and McCallum in charge and trusts all that they say

So im told...
    And why wouldn't he? Given all his targets for the club so far have been met. It'll be interesting to see what happens when this isn't the case, which will happen sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I wasn't here during your battle of the Tamsin Man, which seemingly you got pelters for? I take it you are seeing a lot of similarities in what is going on just now?

Is it (in your opinion) TA and the Ogrens ? or could it be that MO is leaving things to the powers that be within Tannadice to do what is required? He did say in one of his interviews that he didn't want to be micromanaging (don't quote me on the exact words) the staff at Tannadice and was confident the correct things were being done.

I'm not feeling too good myself about what might be going on behind the scenes but can't quite nail it due to lack of proper info.

I would LUV to hear MM's real reason for leaving, but that might be tied up in some non disclosure pay-off

Fingers crossed ..................
    Might come out in a future book ‘The last 100 days’

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Backrow was making a comment in relation to a funny post by Weegie, the way I read it was no way anyone was wishing Adam anything bad. Think that's been very misinterpreted.
    You're a rocket as well then? Welcome aboard! 🚀🚀🚀

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    Hi Folks. not posted for a while, but as with during the ST End of Days, I'm with Gunny 100%.

I don't think Asghar thinks he is fkn useless which makes him very dangerous at this juncture. I'm sure like oor Tam he talks a great game, and the Ogs don't know any better, being guys following the dream of owning a mid sized football club.

The lack of signings is a worry. I feel we wont see anybody come in until one of our stars is sold. Here's the rub. With all the money pumped in, not one of our saleable assets was produced by El Bandito's project.
    You should post more mate, don't be a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    You should post more mate, don't be a stranger.
    Cannie mate he is too FN busy fighting we ADS on other forum's.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Might come out in a future book ‘The last 100 days’
    Dodgy start to your thread mate but its come on a bundle.Actually its on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Dodgy start to your thread mate but its come on a bundle.Actually its on fire.
    Aye bud, it’s what MAD’s a’ aboot but if it blaws awa the cobwebs then all’s well. Looking forward to the season starting though no matter what eventually happens, and getting back in will be superb. Actually think when it goes back full pelt and away fans are allowed it’s gonna be phukkin excellent, I’ve missed it something terrible. 🖤🧡🖤🧡

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Something else i will say about the post above its full of hatred towards a poster who directs his criticism towards the Sporting Director of the club he supports.
    I do not recall ever posting anything so bitter towards you and this is FN exactly how it was on this very board during the darkest days of the ST regime.

You keep comparing this to that period as if its like for like, the reason the fans were in such a mood then was due to selling important players at the end of January when we were 3rd with a chance of 2nd and in our second final in a row and replacing them with crap so detailed or own season and went from that to winning 3 games the rest of the season (ending up 5th and letting inferior teams that we were well ahead of pre Feb finish above us too) which turned the mood even further, as did the sumner transfer window

That scenario we really did had reason to be upset, and the infighting with fans only really begun after new year of our first season in the championship, before that everyone was relatively happy as mckinnon had us on a great run where we were top by Xmas ahead of Hibs, the fans united stuff happened after that

This is different we have just came off the back of two positive seasons on the park that the fans should be very happy with, where we have recovered finally from that sh itshow, we haven't made signings yet and have replaced manager with an inexperienced guy but we have the vast majority of the team that's did us very well and deserve a bit more respect than they are getting on predictions threads and the like, yes we need key signings but it's not quite the same scenario as back then

The way fans just trash guys like Butcher etc is sickening, guys who have done brilliant for us, not the best players we have ever had but nowhere closer to being the worst, don't let us down really and have helped get us back in the league we belong and then stay there... if things are so bad behind the scenes that we are f ucked and about to lose every game, what is the evidence so the rest of us can understand the ott negativity?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    You keep comparing this to that period as if its like for like, the reason the fans were in such a mood then was due to selling important players at the end of January when we were 3rd with a chance of 2nd and in our second final in a row and replacing them with crap so detailed or own season and went from that to winning 3 games the rest of the season (ending up 5th and letting inferior teams that we were well ahead of pre Feb finish above us too) which turned the mood even further, as did the sumner transfer window

That scenario we really did had reason to be upset, and the infighting with fans only really begun after new year of our first season in the championship, before that everyone was relatively happy as mckinnon had us on a great run where we were top by Xmas ahead of Hibs, the fans united stuff happened after that

This is different we have just came off the back of two positive seasons on the park that the fans should be very happy with, where we have recovered finally from that sh itshow, we haven't made signings yet and have replaced manager with an inexperienced guy but we have the vast majority of the team that's did us very well and deserve a bit more respect than they are getting on predictions threads and the like, yes we need key signings but it's not quite the same scenario as back then

The way fans just trash guys like Butcher etc is sickening, guys who have done brilliant for us, not the best players we have ever had but nowhere closer to being the worst, don't let us down really and have helped get us back in the league we belong and then stay there... if things are so bad behind the scenes that we are f ucked and about to lose every game, what is the evidence so the rest of us can understand the ott negativity?
    Yet again Shedka, you are papering over the cracks…

Yes, overall the last two seasons have been positive, BUT, and I mean BUT, we were in freefall until Covid ended the season, but earlier results/standings justified our Championship win.
    Last season was eye bleeding, and while we obtained the objective (survival) it was marginal, and in reality, a few results swinging the other way, would’ve saw us in a dog fight.
    Rightly, in my view, many posters are raising concerns, not only with the TC appointment, but others in charge, and some “dodgy” re-alignments, and coupled with the lack of important signings, you would have to be Stevie Wonder to not be concerned for the forthcoming season, but as usual, we should just happy clap on….dearie me!!
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 23-07-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And why wouldn't he? Given all his targets for the club so far have been met. It'll be interesting to see what happens when this isn't the case, which will happen sooner or later.
    That's it, plus those that are desperate to hear MMs side and all this, same guys that were loudest in their criticisn for MM all last season, forgetting he was their choice and he completed his objectives so was a success overall

That's my reasoning for giving this a chance with Courts, two previous guys have done the job, last one was from left field had me concerned and it worked out, wasn't pretty but staying up was all that mattered.. IF results do end up terrible then fair enough I'll be complaining as much as the rest

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)