+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the trust fit for purpose

Is the trust fit for purpose

I’m asking in a few places to get a general idea so I can feed back at the AGM?

So I’ll post on here as it’s getting a lot more traffic lately.

Answers and comments anyone?

Just seen that post of yours on Twitter (?) Asking the same question. Someone there said something similar, they have multiple benefits and take none of the responsibility. They raise less money than the London Branch and have a paltry membership. So no, they are definitely NOT fit for purpose.

Trusts can be very valuable for fans if it's run correctly,I don't know if you have been keeping abreast of the shenanigans going on at RAFC on their forum Griff but they've been unbelievable in their efforts in stopping some shysters obtaining shares in the club and have just bought 50,000 shares themselves to put a halt to some dubious chancer trying slyly being a majority shareholder,how many are in your trust?

It depends what your definition of "purpose" is, doesn't it?

What's the trust's raison d'etre? I can't be bothered to look.

I've just checked and RAFC's trust membership is 773

I honestly haven’t a clue Pig. I don’t think they even know.

As for purpose it maybe should be defined as whether they are doing a good job, representing supporters etc etc

The lack of a clear mission statement says everything you need to hear.

The true aims of the trust are hidden from regular supporters and this makes it a clandestine organisation. It's a secret society, in bed with the current owners.

You can't say whether they're doing a "good job" or not, because whatever their job is, is entirely unclear.

As has been stated, the land on which the stadium sits is worthless. Which takes away any nefarious or evil intent.

This means the trust and the owners motivations are for the furtherment of the football club. So the question must be asked, what other motivation can there be? What are the "true aims".

The consequence of the above question not being answered, because there are no other "aims", is that it is time to unite.

The mission statement is clear, to win football matches, and catch up that fart of a club, Cambridge.

Your welcome.

You lot are not suffering from paranoia ...i hope.

I could fit the contents of your head on top of a pin, Psaw.

The Brunton Park site is not worthless. That's a lie thrown out by someone who wants to exploit the true value of the land.

It's clear you don't understand the history of the trust at our club and are labouring under the incorrect assumption all trusts are equal.

The Carlisle trust is a cancer, sucking away at the heart of the club. A festering, malignant tumor which has and continues to do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    I could fit the contents of your head on top of a pin, Psaw.

The Brunton Park site is not worthless. That's a lie thrown out by someone who wants to exploit the true value of the land.

It's clear you don't understand the history of the trust at our club and are labouring under the incorrect assumption all trusts are equal.

The Carlisle trust is a cancer, sucking away at the heart of the club. A festering, malignant tumor which has and continues to do more harm than good.
    Do I take it as 2 no and 1 yes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)