+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A visit to Jerusalem

sorry Balam....but all that lovely food, had to get rid of the toilet cleaner.

To dip your pitta bread in the humus ,ahhhhhh so tasty, just think eating this before you, and watching a football match, with a beer instead of the water!.....and then a coffee after ,Turkish coffee?

or grab bread and eat whilst walking

Sabras: (prickly pear) Cactus fruits.

and when pealed?
    A sabra or tzabar (Hebrew: צַבָּר‎, plural: tzabarim) is an informal-turned-formal term that defines any Jew born in Israel. The term came into widespread use in the 1930s to refer to a Jew who had been born in the land of Israel.
    The term alludes to a tenacious, thorny desert plant, known in English as prickly pear, with a thick skin that conceals a sweet, softer interior. The cactus is compared to Israeli Jews, who are supposedly tough on the outside, but delicate and sweet on the inside.
    The term was used by the Zionist movement, to celebrate the "New Jew" that emerged in the Holy Land. Unlike the bourgeois "Old Jew" born in the diaspora, the "New Jew" was a kibbutz member or a farmer.

I think we need to close this Israeli Tourist Board promo down.

wait BT there will be a small payment fee soon

so not interested to see BT? Ok I will stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Carry on my mate, my appetite to come and visit you is increasing daily!

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Don’t stop Balan! Your beautiful photos are a breath of fresh air.

This is for BT , because I know when he went to Mecca dancing, I used to steal his chicks, so a little I give back.
    They say the 'Divine Presence,' never leaves the Western wall. When one has the 'knack ' of chatting up girls ,they say that also does not leave you!

wait BT , wait, some very nice ladies around in Jerusalem

ops cover up!

The Tower of David, also known as the Citadel, is an ancient citadel located near the Jaffa Gate entrance to the Old City of Jerusalem. The citadel that stands today dates to the Mamluk and Ottoman periods
    There is no hell!
    To the right is the valley of Hinnom. Its name in biblical Hebrew is "valley of the son of Hinnom" "valley of the children (sons) of Hinnom." Gehenna , the Aramaic name of the Valley of Hinnom, or Gehinnom, is the corresponding geographical term modified in the process of translation of the Hebrew Bible. In the Hebrew Bible, Gehenna was initially where some of the kings of Judah sacrificed their children by fire. Thereafter, it was deemed to be cursed (Book of Jeremiah 7:31, 19:2–6). In rabbinic literature, Gehenna is also a destination of the wicked. Gehinnom is different from the more neutral Sheol/Hades, the abode of the dead, although the King James Version of the Bible misleadingly translates both with the Anglo-Saxon word hell.
    The oldest historical reference to the valley is found in Joshua 15:8,also 18,16.
    ( And the border went up by the valley of the son of Hinnom unto the south side of the Jebusite; the same is Jerusalem: )
    (2_Chronicles 28:3) Moreover he burnt incense in the valley of the son of Hinnom, and burnt his children in the fire,..

The Valley of Hinnom today

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)