+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A visit to Jerusalem

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Wander: I have been twice now (this month) and it is so interesting I think again I will go next Tuesday. So all these photos I took.

If you lads ,and maybe your wife, girlfriend, child bride, or kids would like more? I willingly oblige
    I'll pass as you didn't laugh at my Netanyahu joke

wonder : What you wrote ''Think I've seen those images before on the net 'n' yahoo.''

Oh I see it now (must have read it to quickly

But Natanyahu has gone, some of us here are not thinking in terms of that crafty bugger, he should apply in Britain for work.

wonder : What you wrote ''Think I've seen those images before on the net 'n' yahoo.''

But Natanyahu has gone, some of us here are not thinking in terms of that crafty bugger, he should apply in Britain for work.
    All the jobs for duplicitous nasty bast@rds are filled Balan by our own cabal of Cabinet Minister Conservative and Unionist Cretins led by a blonde-haired, grinning, smirking, clueless clown aided and abetted by their quisling sidekick Kier Starmer.

You can keep him in Israel.

But B T, you need him, he has the gift of the Gab, who knows he could unite the Tories with Labour, and with the Lib Dems thrown in? Who knows ? A Unity Government? I think he served 12 years as the P M here. Britain is having trouble with the Russians now, so what him and Putin play snooker together when he visits Moss Cow! Can you guess how many presidents etc, know him, from 12 years of service (self service). Look how many years of peace training he has had! He is a bargain for you!

OK it was a crap and dated joke - but after an unbelievable 15 years as PM (how does that work?) he's still Chairman of Likud and Leader of the Opposition so he hasn't quite gone yet - unfortunately.

Immigration from Ethiopia brought here thousands of Jews, their children; yes also serve in the army

image host site

The Dome of the Rock, shrine in Jerusalem built by the Umayyad caliph ʿAbd al-Malik ibn Marwān in the late 7th century CE. It is the oldest extant Islamic monument. The rock over which the shrine was built is sacred to both Muslims and Jews. Although it is not a mosque, it is the first major Muslim monument for public worship.
    The Prophet Muhammad, founder of Islam, is traditionally believed to have ascended into heaven from the site. In Jewish tradition it is here that Abraham, the progenitor and first patriarch of the Hebrew people, is said to have prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac. Both the Dome and Al-Aqṣā Mosque are located on the Temple Mount, the site of Solomon’s Temple and its successors, an area known to Muslims as al-Ḥaram al-Sharīf. The Dome’s structure and ornamentation are rooted in the Byzantine architectural tradition, yet its construction in the 7th century represents an early stage in the emergence of a distinct Islamic visual style.
    An inscription in the Dome of the Rock establishes its date of completion as 691–692—some 55 years after Muslim armies captured Jerusalem.

The 'Machane Yehuda Market' is widely recognized as a symbol of Jerusalem. After all, Jerusalemites see it as a place that represents, and reflects their unique identity in the broader Israeli social context. is the market is nicknamed "MachneYuda," similarly to the name of one of the finest Israeli restaurants that is located in the market. But this name has something inexpressible to language; it is beyond words, because it reminds Jerusalemites of themselves, their childhoods, resonating the Jerusalem they so deeply love. Even though Jerusalem today has many shopping and entertainment centers, some are located within several hotels in Jerusalem, there remains something unique about the Machane Yehuda Market that continues to attract people

Where do they hold the Maccabiah (Jewish version of the Olympic Games?) Balam ?
    Is that in Jerusalem?

Israel
    The 21st Maccabiah will be held in Israel. Competitions will take place in Haifa, Jerusalem, Netanya and Tel Aviv. Specific sports, age categories and venues will be available in Spring of 2022.

The Maccabi World Union have postponed the Maccabiah Games from July 2021:

To 10th - 26th July 2022

The Israel Museum. Jerusalem: The Shrine of the Book Complex
    The Hebrew Bible is the cornerstone of the Jewish people and this fundamental text has left its imprint on Christianity and Islam.

The Shrine of the Book was built as a repository for the first seven scrolls discovered at Qumran in 1947. The unique white dome embodies the lids of the jars in which the first scrolls were found. This symbolic building, a kind of sanctuary intended to express profound spiritual meaning, is considered an international landmark of modern architecture.

The Dead Sea Scrolls
    Please note, No photography allowed in the Shrine of the Book
    The Dead Sea Scrolls are ancient manuscripts that were discovered between 1947 and 1956 in eleven caves near Khirbet Qumran, on the northwestern shores of the Dead Sea.

They are approximately two thousand years old, dating from the third century BCE to the first century CE. Most of the scrolls were written in Hebrew, with a smaller number in Aramaic or Greek. Most of them were written on parchment, with the exception of a few written on papyrus. The vast majority of the scrolls survived as fragments - only a handful were found intact. Nevertheless, scholars have managed to reconstruct from these fragments approximately 950 different manuscripts of various lengths.

Israel Museum.

All 264 gold coins displayed here are identical and in mint condition ,meaning they were never circulated. It is possible due to the Persian siege of Jerusalem, the city's Byzantium forces did not receive the supplies of coins needed to pay salaries or ransom, and were forced to strike coins in gold in their possession.

screen shot on windows

The church's interior was richly decorated : ,the walls were covered with mosaics and frescos,the floors with colourful paving stonesand rich mosaic carpets.

program for screenshots for windows

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)