+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: A visit to Jerusalem

I suppose that's like throwing the tea bag at some drunken Burnley fans pissing against a wall ,and the fans had just finished. The only difference is that these fans could have all starred in 'Spartacus ,the Gladiator'. Where as those at the wall, most would be dedicated and concentrated in their prayer, and may not have noticed. Maybe next time I go I will try it

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    I suppose that's like throwing the tea bag at some drunken Burnley fans pissing against a wall ,and the fans had just finished. The only difference is that these fans could have all starred in 'Spartacus ,the Gladiator'. Where as those at the wall, most would be dedicated and concentrated in their prayer, and may not have noticed. Maybe next time I go I will try it

not worth it - Balam.....I think the rules state (Protection from desecration etc) that if you injure the religious and traditional sentiments of any group, it'll be prison time, that would include whoever threw that teabag on the "way of sorrow".

No, I will only pretend to throw it ! Norder .Because ....

Protection of Holy Places Law 5727 (1967)*
    The Holy Places shall be protected from desecration and any other violation and from anything likely to violate the freedom of access of the members of the different religions to the places sacred to them or their feelings with regard to those places.
    Whosoever desecrates or otherwise violates a Holy Place shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of seven years.
    Whosoever does anything likely to violate the freedom of access of the members of the different religions to the places sacred to them or their feelings with regard to those places shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of five years.

.... or their feelings with regard to those places shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of five years.

Until the game starts tomorrow I will add ,( it takes off certain fear complexes.)

A lousy photo but this woman she had her hands all over me ,thank you.
    Jerusalem by night

1948, as bullets hit the walls in the fighting over Jerusalem, the Old city
    On 15 May 1948, the civil war transformed into a conflict between Israel and the Arab states following the Israeli Declaration of Independence the previous day. Egypt, Transjordan, Syria, and expeditionary forces from Iraq entered Palestine. The invading forces took control of the Arab areas and immediately attacked Israeli forces and several Jewish settlements.
    The Jordanians in Latrun cut off supplies to western Jerusalem. The shortage of food, water, fuel and medicine was acute. The Israeli forces were seriously short of food, water and ammunition.
    King Abdullah ordered Glubb Pasha,( the commander of the Arab Legion, to enter Jerusalem on 17 May. The Arab Legion fired 10,000 artillery and mortar shells a day, and also attacked West Jerusalem with sniper fire.( Lieutenant-General Sir John Bagot Glubb, KCB, CMG, DSO, OBE, MC, KStJ, KPM (16 April 1897 – 17 March 1986), known as Glubb Pasha, was a British soldier, scholar and author, who led and trained Transjordan's Arab Legion. Born in Preston, Lancashire,)
    The city was split between Israel and Jordan after the war, Israel ruling West Jerusalem and Jordan ruling East Jerusalem with the Old City.

Off to find action or pray at the wailing wall?? (about 2 am )

The Mosque 'The Dome of the Rock.'
    Shrine in Jerusalem built by the Umayyad caliph ʿAbd al-Malik ibn Marwān in the late 7th century CE.
    According to Muslims, the rock above which the dome is constructed is the spot from which the Prophet Muhammad was taken up into heaven for an encounter with God.

betta fish water solution

The Cardo, was the main street in Ancient Roman cities, running from north to south and lined with a row of columns on each side. The Cardo of Jerusalem begins at the Damascus Gate in the north and crosses the city southwards until the area of the Zion Gate.
    The Cardo is depicted in the Madaba Map, part of a floor mosaic dated to the 6th century AD that was discovered in a Byzantine church in Madaba, Jordan. The Madaba Map is a map of the Middle East, and contains the oldest surviving detailed cartographic depiction of Jerusalem.

The Wailing Wall and the Dome of the Rock. ( 3 am early morning)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)