+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Kane

Harry Kane

There is no other English striker could have scored that goal for England yesterday, because no other English striker would still have been on the pitch at that time, after such a shockingly abysmal display, he'd have been hooked and replaced long before. But Harry is a national icon, he's untouchable, even when he's a liability. Last night he made Ashley Barnes look like Pele.

Good finish for his goal but the goalkeeper should have done better. There were times when he was in midfield and also at Right Back. He looked lethargic to me, and at times during the game, his ball control was very poor. He couldn’t control a bag of cement.

He suffers with "Roy of the Rovers" complex. Southgate needs to tell him to stay in the final third and do his fecking job!

All in all it was a match that told us very little. The Poles don’t like the knee. We knew that. Southgate’s game management is suspect. We knew that. Pickford dropped a clanger and got away with that. Our right flank got turned so easily for the late equaliser. How the hell did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    All in all it was a match that told us very little. The Poles don’t like the knee. We knew that. Southgate’s game management is suspect. We knew that. Pickford dropped a clanger and got away with that. Our right flank got turned so easily for the late equaliser. How the hell did that happen?
    The lads had run out of gas. Three games in a week with loads of travelling involved.

A proper manager would have reinforced them immediately Kane scored, but then again, we have a tactically inept eejit running our national team.

Another lacklustre performance. The style of play is too ponderous with little going into the box to trouble the Polish defence. Plenty of passing sideways and backwards, but no real threat. How can England’s lead striker be playing at right - back at one stage?

The performance was summed up by Maguire strolling out of defence with the ball, allowing the Poles to pack their defence. No thought of a counter attack or getting the ball forward quickly.

I think he's overrated Sinkov, Vokes used to score the odd Brilliant goal, come to think of it so did Barnes who have always been for me ordinary players

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think he's overrated Sinkov, Vokes used to score the odd Brilliant goal, come to think of it so did Barnes who have always been for me ordinary players
    Tell you what Alto, if Wood, Ash, Jay or Matej had missed just a couple of the 4/5 Kane missed in his last couple of games, there would have been uproar on here about our useless strikers. But Harry misses them for England and in the media it's like, 'move along please, nothing to see here'.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think Son makes him look good. The real test is who scores the goals for England in the least number of appearances. I do not know how Kane rates on that.

The past couple of matches he has dropped deeper and deeper. I don’t know if that is frustration at not getting any service, or that he has lost his way. He isn’t going to score covering as a right back!

Whichever way you look at things we have to admit that only Fabio Capello with 15 wins in 22 competitive games (68%) and Sven Goran Eriksson with 27 wins in 40 competitive games (67.5%) are better than Gareth's record of 32 wins in 49 competitive games (65.3%) and only Ron Greenwood with 26 wins in 40 competitive games (65%) is above 65%.

Harry Kane has scored 36 goals in 53 competitive games and 4200 minutes on the pitch ---12 have been penalties.
    Wayne Rooney has scored 39 in 76 competitive games and 5871 minutes on the pitch ----6 penalties included.
    Bobby Charlton has scored 27 in 57 competitive games and 5085 minutes on the pitch ---2 penalties included.
    Gary Lineker has scored 24 in 47 competitive games and 3826 minutes on the pitch ---3 penalties included.
    Michael Owen has scored 28 in 57 competitive games and 4255 minutes on the pitch -----1 penalty included.

All fall into the shadows with Jimmy Greaves who scored 24 in 28 competitive games and 2520 minutes on the pitch -----0 penalties.

All the above statistics only relate to competitive matches and no friendly matches are included.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)