+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A visit to Jerusalem

I bloody hope they were Carrs pasties lusty.

"Given the above I'm more interested in the preseason. Wanderers are fielding the fringe players and kids against Barrow this afternoon - hopefully God is still a Wanderer

i don't think he's been a Wanderer since 2012, last I heard of him he was in India.

Thanks for humouring me lads - I'm in my own little world

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post

The world is a great stage ,we are mere souls, all on a constant journey which we have come from a state of unqualified Consciousness to a state of qualified Consciousness.
    A question ,''why did ( lets use the term God ) ''why did God create this creation''? I throw this question open to all, please try to answer.
    I do not think anybody can ,at lease no religious person! Please no joke take it as a serious question.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    If you believe in the concept of time then logically there has to be a Creator or at least a creative force that made something out of nothing - like the "virtual particles" that have been observed randomly appearing and disappearing in vacuums and have been proven to have the capacity to become photons in the right circumstances. Not my dodgy hoover - evidence of creation.
    Something must provide the force to make it happen - maybe that's "God"?
    Whether or not the creative force merely set the ball rolling and the rest is chemical/physical reaction and evolution etc or the Creator is truly omnipresent is a matter of debate.
    It's like the adage about a butterfly flaps it's wings in the Amazon forest and the affect is felt all over the world - doesn't mean that the butterfly is present at every knock-on effect throughout the planet. Nor does it mean that the butterfly wasn't created by something else.
    Nobody knows is the reality - and to that extent religion is a very faulty (human) mechanism that merely serves human need.
    All we can do is experience our experience of existence and be grateful rather than wasting our time guessing what creation is and why it exists (at least in our consciousness, which itself may be delusory)
    There's a clear distinction between religion and spirituality but what they have in common is that neither has a clue what it's all about - just hypotheses although they often aren't presented as such.

well, there's no winners to this puzzle, so could say, "to eat or not to eat apples".

It an intriguing one. I've heard folk say "what was that all about ?"... and I always wonder what took them so long - I have answered that with, "see a Priest", that because, they're "asking" for an answer, so reckon that if they go see a man of the cloth, he can supply them with an easy and comfortable solution to their concerns, it being evident that they've hardly given the dimensions of life a second thought before then, and anyway, at the very least, he can offer them absolution.

returning to Balams eternal quest: ''why did God create this creation''? - nowfor my irrelevent take on it.

I don't believe I care, and why ?...because it could be for kicks, peeking at chicks or getting off on dicks....you name it, anything.
    So what does matter to me....Not being corrupted by malignent vice, not being modelled from a mould of anothers idea, because...with individual distinctiveness, comes keys cut to your own design, shaped to your own yearning - from that point, you alone have opened the gateway to a natural path - and with it - your true destiny.

Time I always thought was a measurement of the mind. But there is a sticky problem when we say ''to create something out of nothing?'' When we say nothing do we mean a state where there is no existance? So how can anything come out of that state, yet can we know anything about our own existance? If we came out of nothing,we can not answer anything because it is all beyond the grasp of our minds. Nothing, in what is now our created Universe can not be ,something is there,but before before the Big bang,we simply do not know. Only philosophy can try to give us answers.
    Who am I, and how did I come into existance, religion in its essence becomes ''we and they''. Mysticism is the never-ending endeavour to find the link between the finite and the infinite.
    Spirituality is encompassing the whole. It is said ''Be one with Him and know everything. If you want to know all, try to know One. If you try to know all you won't be able to know anything.
    The real knowledge is knowing one's self. You know, there are certain defective philosophies in the
    world which maintain that the material world, matter, is everything. When matter is everything, then matter becomes the goal of life. And human existence, human consciousness, will become
    like earth and stone ... You should keep your mind free from ... such a defective philosophy because it is, anti-human. It is most detrimental to human existence and human development.
    This has been our failing: that we neglected the spiritual faculties of human life, we neglected the cardinal spiritual points of life. If we are interested today in the welfare of this beautiful universe, we should try more and more to accelerate the speed of spiritual progress.

Take a look at Microvita: Search it well

http://www.microvita.org

https://www.dadaveda.com/about/microvita-mystery-life/

Wanderlust keep on that path way, never mind these 'good' lads.

Norder: Is it not exciting when you try to piece a jigsaw together and find pieces, or some film a mystery of whodunit?

What we call God, Consciousness is simply qualifying his own self, from Un-qualified Consciousness to Qualified Consciousness, we are part of the cycle leaving that unqualified state and moving between the elements: Ether, Aerial, Luminous, Liquid, Solid, the crudest state! Now it returns to single cell ,plant ,animal and man. Man has to return to God (which is Qualified Consciousness )Of what happens when a piece of salt goes to measure the Ocean? As soon as it touches it merges into the Ocean.

Each of us being different we all have our own paths .

Not to worry football will start soon

Norder My life when young was : football, women, boooze, etc , just as all the young lads these days. But now no football ,(its on the telly ,or internet) not really any booze, just an odd sip here and there, and women, lets just say ''not on the agenda.'' Life certainly changes!

Life, but for many will become 'materialistic' but that can not satisfy the soul. The soul is part of the infinite, but in this world everything has its limitations. The mind is seeking the soul, the infinite, it is inside you, Some go to places far away seeking, but it is there inside you. The wise have said ''know yourself. '' Go inside, not outside.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Thanks for humouring me lads - I'm in my own little world
    It's what happens when you have lived in Bolton for too long lusty, I am similarly afflicted. By the way, Carrs or Greenhalghs for the pasties?

Attachment 19494

"If you believe in the concept of time then logically there has to be a Creator or at least a creative force that made something out of nothing"

But if you don't believe in 'the concept of time', what then ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "If you believe in the concept of time then logically there has to be a Creator or at least a creative force that made something out of nothing"

But if you don't believe in 'the concept of time', what then ?
    Mrs BT certainly does not believe in "the concept of time". "I'll be down in five minutes" is certain to be nearer an hour...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)