+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There Doesn't Seem To Be Much In The Club's Biscuit Tin

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I think that is exactly what will happen in reference also to my earlier post.
    Great minds eh I think the departure will be after the new signings are made. They will be used as PR so the board can say "but we've strengthened x,y and z."

I'd happily accept that.

That's also my thoughts. We are said to be waiting for quarantine clearance on this lad from Belgium Obbi Oulare who would fill the gap left by Dike. Great we need that type of player. There is left wingback and centre midfield to consider strengthening. They might do that Im not too optimistic. If we sell Helik as is widely tipped, weve got Kitching and Halme but neither are as proven as Helik and this might be a step backwards.

Then the sale/s will happen as you say Steve.

Lots of fringe players to get off the books either by selling or loans. Chronicle reckons we are still after a left back and midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Which isn't entirely unsurprising given the hit the pandemic has caused the club's finances .

That said I think we are in a stable financial position but it's a case of there isn't any spare cash on Grove Street .

I'm not massively worried because 90% of this league are probably in a much worse position and are simply fighting to financially survive .

The only thing in my opinion which would change the situation is a significant offer for one of our young lads and give us some money to go out and recruit with .

If nobody leaves but nobody comes in either I'd personally snatch your hand off at that scenario .

It's the best squad this clubs gone in to a championship season for over two decades in my opinion and capable of a top 10 finish .

I'd love another striker and a central midfield player mind but I ain't going to lose any sleep either if it doesn't happen .
    The club will have suffered a bad hit with the pandemic.
    But ……..
    They have Mowatts and Sols wages to re-spend.
    Plus 11k ST money to spend.
    Plus plus plus - and without them going crazy - there is always the opportunity for the directors to throw a few pennies in.
    Doug OKane is expecting 4 further additions.
    Left sided midfield.
    Experienced middle.
    Two more strikers.
    Fingers crossed those 2 strikers are 6’2” or above. We know at least one of them is.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    The club will have suffered a bad hit with the pandemic.
    But ……..
    They have Mowatts and Sols wages to re-spend.
    Plus 11k ST money to spend.
    Plus plus plus - and without them going crazy - there is always the opportunity for the directors to throw a few pennies in.
    Doug OKane is expecting 4 further additions.
    Left sided midfield.
    Experienced middle.
    Two more strikers.
    Fingers crossed those 2 strikers are 6’2” or above. We know at least one of them is.
    Reason to be cheerful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12