+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There Doesn't Seem To Be Much In The Club's Biscuit Tin

There Doesn't Seem To Be Much In The Club's Biscuit Tin

Which isn't entirely unsurprising given the hit the pandemic has caused the club's finances .

That said I think we are in a stable financial position but it's a case of there isn't any spare cash on Grove Street .

I'm not massively worried because 90% of this league are probably in a much worse position and are simply fighting to financially survive .

The only thing in my opinion which would change the situation is a significant offer for one of our young lads and give us some money to go out and recruit with .

If nobody leaves but nobody comes in either I'd personally snatch your hand off at that scenario .

It's the best squad this clubs gone in to a championship season for over two decades in my opinion and capable of a top 10 finish .

I'd love another striker and a central midfield player mind but I ain't going to lose any sleep either if it doesn't happen .

Ive got a feeling that player sale/s will be made to part fund the next season. There might be low price/wage recruits using part of a transfer fee but im not expecting much on the recruitment front.

There’s a foxes luxury one left in there !

Oh just seen a chocolate digestive left by Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Which isn't entirely unsurprising given the hit the pandemic has caused the club's finances .

That said I think we are in a stable financial position but it's a case of there isn't any spare cash on Grove Street .

I'm not massively worried because 90% of this league are probably in a much worse position and are simply fighting to financially survive .

The only thing in my opinion which would change the situation is a significant offer for one of our young lads and give us some money to go out and recruit with .

If nobody leaves but nobody comes in either I'd personally snatch your hand off at that scenario .

It's the best squad this clubs gone in to a championship season for over two decades in my opinion and capable of a top 10 finish .

I'd love another striker and a central midfield player mind but I ain't going to lose any sleep either if it doesn't happen .
    Wheres that come from Animal,I've not heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Wheres that come from Animal,I've not heard anything.
    Where's what come from Bill ?

Lack of custud creeums for my liking ! Some hobnobbing guin off at Garrison sooin bbs members only ,,, tut tut !

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Where's what come from Bill ?
    I read it as though the club had said there was no transfer money to spend,sorry if I've mis read it.

I think we should sell Helik and strengthen the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think we should sell Helik and strengthen the squad.
    I think that is exactly what will happen in reference also to my earlier post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast