+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish this season ?

Wonder if you can get odds on Barnsley back in the prem before England actually win something.

Repeating last season isn't impossible but none the less it requires the goals Dike scored to be replicated .

You could also argue Mowatt's tally from midfield also needs to be addressed .

However I think if Styles does indeed play in central midfield he will get those goals and could possibly improve on that .

Dike's contribution is rather more difficult in my opinion and would require a player to arrive up front and give us the same impact Carlton Morris did and hopefully will continue to do along with Cauley's 15 goal tally .

If tha can get thi three strikers knocking in 15 goals each and retain the same defensive strength then you are in business to challenge the top 6 .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Repeating last season isn't impossible but none the less it requires the goals Dike scored to be replicated .

You could also argue Mowatt's tally from midfield also needs to be addressed .

However I think if Styles does indeed play in central midfield he will get those goals and could possibly improve on that .

Dike's contribution is rather more difficult in my opinion and would require a player to arrive up front and give us the same impact Carlton Morris did and hopefully will continue to do along with Cauley's 15 goal tally .

If tha can get thi three strikers knocking in 15 goals each and retain the same defensive strength then you are in business to challenge the top 6 .
    A few things to consider there …….

We didn’t have a win last season until the 7th or 8th match.
    I don’t think we will start that slow this time.

The ploughing forward killer instinct Valerian instilled in the players was highly unusual and will probably not be replicated this season.
    As Pass has said ….. playing out from the back might be pleasant on the eye but probably won’t get us top 6.

Yep ….. the Dike goals are going to be missed - and I’d be extremely surprised if we got a striker that has the ability to score some of the goals that he managed to score ….. and win us the points that those goals got us.

There are more players to come in - there maybe players that leave.
    Obviously that will have a big influence on the league position at the end of the season.

One things for sure tho - we will finish higher in the league than Pancake Tuesday.

After that absolute 0-0 goal fest against the mighty Morecambe lol. I am going to knock my finishing prediction down another place, to about 14th.

And hey as Clive Dunn used to say... don't panic lads don't panic. ☺
    Last edited by Acido; 24-07-2021 at 03:16 PM.

We'll be reyt once we get a couple of star signings in to make us stronger.
    I heard ont grapevine weer after a couple of foreign strikers.
    Udi effsee and Ees guincheep. Similar records 10 goals in 150 appearnces.
    After all that well finish abart 13th.

Well, I reckon a very approximate average based on all 15 predictions ( some very wide and full of “ifs” )
    is TENTH

That first games gonna be a tough un, moore n collins will give us a test; its another reason we could do wi another big lad up top to help defence from set pieces we all know our mick knows all tricks in book.

I think you’re spot on there ….
    If Moore and Collins gel together, they’ll be very close to the best striking partnership in the division.

Barnsley Football Club is thrilled to announce the signing of Obbi Oularé from Standard Liège.

The powerful forward is our second summer addition following the arrival of Devante Cole and has penned a three-year deal at Oakwell.

A former Belgium youth international, Oularé has a wealth of experience playing at the top level having featured in the Europa League during the past three seasons, while also playing Champions League football during the 15/16 campaign.

Could well give Collins a run for his money !
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 26-07-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Let’s hope so

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast