+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool friendly

Blackpool friendly

Will this be on?

They called off their friendly with Rangers as the Donkey Lashers are riddled with Covid.

The Club seem to be assuming that it’s on, until it isn’t, in which case it won’t be.

You might assume our starting XI tomorrow may be close to what Beech feels is getting close to our strongest.

I’d bloody well hope so, folk are paying to watch this.

It's a friendly, Griff (or an almost entirely meaningless game), I'd respectfully suggest you pay to watch this at your own peril.

Back in the day we used to have Blues Vs Stripes games in pre-season (both teams made up of our own players). I'd like to see those return.

Jensen

Whelan
    Hayden
    Feeney
    Armer

Guy
    Riley
    Mellish

Clough
    Abrams
    Bell

I guess the surprise there is Bell getting the nod. I haven't really seen Whelan play, hopefully someone in the media will ask the Tanner question.

I'm not surprised Mellish gets the shirt also, given Beech's continued hard on for him.

Sounds like it was a decent work out.

It was a much better workout against better opposition than previous friendlies and should help to highlight our deficiencies up front.

That game was rubbish.

Didn't really enjoy it today, we were piss poor and I just can't really take to our players, I didn't see any of them geeing up the crowd like Danny Grainger would and I didn't see much conversation happening on the pitch amongst our players either, very little fluidity in the passes and players chasing wayward passes seemed the order of the day.

They were obviously the better side quality wise but I would say that decent chances were about even.

There was this skinny black lad in their defence that looked like his legs would break if he kicked the ball and it was embarrassing how he bullied our players, I am sure he put one of our players on his backside, it was like getting done over by an eight year old.

Our finishing was absolutely scandalous, I cannot accept when they get these sort of chances and don't even hit the target - it was infuriating today, we barely tested their keeper whilst blazing over and sending in limping shots that apologetically roll wide.

Mampala was one of the only highlights from this dull, boring game and I am hoping that the division is poor this year as we might struggle from what I can see.

I spotted Bumble nashing over to save her kit when they turned on the water at half time

One of those games where you zone out staring at the pitch because there was absolutely nothing happening for ages, the weather was nice though and it was fantastic to be back in Brunton Park in the sunshine with Swallows darting around you.

The young lad Bell had a decent game and was busy, you could see how eager he was to impress and was constantly at the Blackpool players which I liked, it looked like he was playing for his life and he cared about the result.

Whelan did okay but was not spectacular and seems to fancy himself a bit like O'Sullivan.

I was talking to a Blackpool fan on Greystone Road and he rates Riley, Madine was not there today as he reckons he was one of the ones that caught Covid.
    Last edited by crushalime; 24-07-2021 at 09:29 PM.

Meant to add that their goal was a very fast break, Hayden was caught way out of position and was running back from their box and was a spectator as the goal went in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)